Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Oil FIlter Do We Need For Judging?

Hmm... never seen any documentation on this before. Is it on some Callaway document? If not then I would think it reverts to the GM specific part.

-Luigi
:cool

Luigi, I am going by memory here, the 87s had a FRAM part and the 88+ cars were possibly fitted with a Champion filter, as they became program partners for the B2K program :cool

Here is a commercial montage from the era:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have four PF25 s put away for now.

I had a 79 that I took through the NCRS ranks. That was my filter also. Every year at Carlisle I would find one.
Jeff

Chris, mine are blue in the original box. If needed I can try to post a picture of both.

CORRECT OIL FILTER

THE NCRS MANUEL CALLS FOR A BLACK PF25 , WHICH WAS NEVER AVAILABLE IN THE AFTERMARKET. I TOOK A BLUE PF 25 AND PAINTED IT SEMI GLOSS BLACK. I HAVE THE THE CORRECT DECALS FOR THE FILTERS. THEY ARE HARD TO GET.
WHEN I HAD THE CAR JUDGED AT THE NCRS NATIONALS I RECEIVED FULL CREDIT FOR THE OIL FILTER AND PARTIAL CREDIT FOR THE WIX AIR FILTER AS A CALLAWAY SERVICE REPLACEMENT, THANKS TO CHRIS'S HELP WITH THAT INFO HOPE THIS HELPS
MARK (LIFTMAN) 89 #35

B2K Oil and Air Filters for 1988 through AT LEAST Callaway Corvette # 88-048

• Filter, Air = Champion AF-1042
  • Filter, Oil = Fram PH30

It is safe to say the Fram Fileters for Oil were used through the 1988 Model Year. Did any 88s get a Champion? I have not found anything to prove this just yet... ;shrug

So 1987 and 1988s used PH30 filters

1988 used the Champion AF-1042 for the Callaway airbox.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom