Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What parts did Santa bring you for Christmas?

Vette79

Corvette
1979 L-48 Black Coupe
What Corvette Parts did you get for Christmas? Santa brought me for Christmas and my Birthday:

1. Big Block Rocker Studs
2. 1.6 Pro Magnum full roller rockers
3. Trickle Charger for the battery
4. New pair of half shafts with flanges and spicer u-joints
5. Chrome Halon fire extinguisher
6. Several small interior goodies
7. Aluminum Corvette Valve Covers

It was a very nice year for us...:upthumbs

You fared better than me. I got a new center arm rest and my 3 year old got a t-shirt reading that he will own a corvette one day.

Minifridge, maybe I can help you feel alittle better,.....I'm in Baghdad, so Christmas this year will have to wait a bit....but...I've asked for true dual exhaust and a 700r4 trans.... :)

Just ordered full interior for the 75 :)
Carpet
seat covers full leather
seat foam
upper and lower dash pieces
A-pillar and header moulding
standard door panels with new handles
gas and brake pedals
interior screw kit
seat install kit
rear compartment frames

Thanks Willcox!

Looks like I'm going to be in for a long winter/spring :)

Also got a set of Mickey Thompson Aluminum valve covers that a friend donated to the cause that just need to be cleaned up and polished

I got a new center arm rest as well along with some nice floor mats with the corvette script and hood emblem embroidered on them. The best was getting to drive :rotfl the car on such a fine, sunny, 75 degree day.:D Ya gotta love the south for some things. :thumb

I got those:

1) New headlight switch (fixed A LOT - headlights now going up automatically when lights turned on, dimming works and turning cockpit dome lights on manually also works now)
2) New speedo/tach circuit
3) New speedo/tach lens

All parts installed already and I love them!

The best was getting to drive :rotfl the car on such a fine, sunny, 75 degree day.:D Ya gotta love the south for some things. :thumb
Not fair. I want to drive my Vette so badly. I miss it.

I got a Chocolate Lab puppy and a Miller 200 Synchrowave TIG welder!

I got a new center arm rest as well along with some nice floor mats with the corvette script and hood emblem embroidered on them. The best was getting to drive :rotfl the car on such a fine, sunny, 75 degree day.:D Ya gotta love the south for some things. :thumb
I should have driven it today. it was nice and sunny out. instead I ripped the seats out to get ready for the new covers :(

I did OK.
Got slippers,
Got a 10 drawer top & bottom red tool box,
and an electric polisher with a foam pad and some 3M Finesse-it polish.
Never used an electric polisher before so I may test it out on her car first!
Any hints on not ruining the Vettes finish would help.
PG.

I got a sweater and a dress shirt.:)

The wifey doesn't know, but Santa brought me a flannel car cover for Raquel!:upthumbs (Raquel is the 73 Coupe - she is in the paint shop getting a new Torch Red paint job).

I did OK.
Got slippers,
Got a 10 drawer top & bottom red tool box,
and an electric polisher with a foam pad and some 3M Finesse-it polish.
Never used an electric polisher before so I may test it out on her car first!
Any hints on not ruining the Vettes finish would help.
PG.

Slow speed. Meguiars has some really good products for buffing, glazing, etc. Be sure to use the right pad with the product. I would also suggest using butter wax to seal it. 3 coats of butter wax is good, but I personally like about 7 for a premo show quality finish.

Slow speed. Meguiars has some really good products for buffing, glazing, etc. Be sure to use the right pad with the product. I would also suggest using butter wax to seal it. 3 coats of butter wax is good, but I personally like about 7 for a premo show quality finish.

Thanks for the tips. Went to the paint supply today and got some Meguiar's Medallion wax, now I just need some nice weather and some time off to try it out. PG.

I got 4 new Pioneer speakers and a set of Bilstein HD's.:) Starting on the speakers tomorrow(Sat.) and hopefully the Bilsteins will be here for next weekend.
December 1st I had new BFGoodrich Radial T/A's put on which really made a difference in the ride and I'm hoping the Bilsteins will enhance that.:cool:v:w
Christmas(Wife) was very good to me this year.;)

I didn't get anything for the car but I did get a coupon to go to Tx. Motor Speedway (Nascar track) and I get to ride in a new Z0-6 for 5 laps with a pro driver and then they hand me the keys for 10 laps. :D

Santa had to bring a wii for the youngest so no fun stuff this year. I did buy some nice new valve covers before the holidays. The good news is that I think there aren't any more parts to buy. Famous last words right?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom