Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What should I do next?

D

Denny Nelson

So far: 1] K&N Vortex rammer Cold air intake. 2] 14" Flowmasters with special deadening tips [worked out REALLY well-nice sound]. 3] 'JET' Power Control Module. 4] Platinum Plus plugs with high performance wires. Just ordered a 52cc thottle body and thinking of getting freeflow catalytic converters. Trying to stay away from cam and headers but open to suggestions. What else will make my 96 LT4 convert go faster. BTW just made 100,000 miles and still purring.

Did you notice any increase in perfomance when you instlled the Vortex Rammer?

Did you notice any increase in perfomance when you instlled the Vortex Rammer?
Did 3 other mods at the same time, so hard to say. Did them on Saturday and got my one and only speeding ticket on Monday. I looked down and was doing 105 and still on the onramp. He wrote me for 85--a CHP with a heart [and sense of humor]. I am next going from a 48mm throttle body to a 52mm --17% increase--will let you know how that goes. Thank you for response.

4.10 gears...best bang for the buck mod you can do on your LT4. A "short throw" shifter is a nice addition as well.
Jeff :beer

K&N Vortex rammer Cold air intake

Where did you get your K&N Vortex rammer Cold air intake!
thanks
Mike

52mm is a waste of time and money for you at this point. Unless you increase the flow of air via intake/minor head work/headers etc...no gains will be seen. Volume of air IS NOT BETTER than the velocity. Keep the stocker until your pulled the intake and opened it up with a new set of 776 intake gaskets. I would look into headers, TB by pass kit, smoothie intak hoses etc. Have fun!!
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom