Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What should I put between my fenders

R

RalleyRed

Wanted to say hi,and ask for some help. I have a DZ302 , 327 ,350 should I build or crate motor.
This is a weekend only car.
thanks for your thought's

Rick

Depends

What are you looking for, nastalgia, custom, dependability or gas mileage or something else. Just my two cents but I'm partial to 327. There's pro & con on everything, time & money, keep us posted on what you decide.

Thanks for the welcome guy's.
I'm looking more for reliability and torque, and of course money is important too.
I've already broken the first rule of vette's and rebuilt someone else's parts car, while it came out very nice it turn's out that I could've bought a very collectable car for even less.
At this point I don't care to make any more mistakes!!
Have a good New Years ,
Rick

Rick,

As long as the majority of the car is original (and a '68 is still pretty collectable) I'd have to rework the 327 and keep it stock. You can still beef up a 327 and have a lot of fun without getting a second mortgage. Enjoy and welcome to the CACC.

........... Nut

RalleyRed said:
Wanted to say hi,and ask for some help. I have a DZ302 , 327 ,350 should I build or crate motor. This is a weekend only car. thanks for your thought's
Rick

WOW! If I had a DZ302, I'd make a few bucks and make a Z-28 owners day by selling it. For the Vette, I'd stick with the 327, but then I'm partial to originality.

Thanks for the input guy's, my car isn't very original so that's not an issue.
The DZ302 I've had since 86, I've had alot of offers but can't get myself to let it go. I may end up finding a car it matches up to.
I'll try to get a picture posted soon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom