Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What They're Saying About Danica Patrick

They're just jealous!

;)

Yep, ESPN2 should be 24/7 Danica, ESPN should cover the other 50 drivers that are there! Jealous Tuna, jealous of what? All of her championships from the other series? Oh yeah....there aren't any!:chuckle

Yep, ESPN2 should be 24/7 Danica, ESPN should cover the other 50 drivers that are there! Jealous Tuna, jealous of what? All of her championships from the other series? Oh yeah....there aren't any!:chuckle

this is similar to the way Floridians are now mortified after hearing that Tim Tebow is not highly-regarded by several Pro scouts, after being touted locally as 'the greatest college football player of all-time':
at the recent Senior Bowl practices, attended by numerous scouts, they said that Tebow's throwing motion, delivery & techniques 'needs to be reworked', something rarely done by a 23 year old quarterback

I wish her the best, but fear that by Saturday evening, her 'legend' will become more in-focus by the ball-n-stick crowd

They are jealous of Danica getting all the attention and media coverage. Like you pointed out, Danica hasn't won much and isn't a series champion anywhere else but she's the darling of the media. NASCAR loves it also as Danica shifts the focus to her and away from the Crap-of-Tomorrow car and the rest of the problems NASCAR has.

They are jealous of Danica getting all the attention and media coverage. Like you pointed out, Danica hasn't won much and isn't a series champion anywhere else but she's the darling of the media. NASCAR loves it also as Danica shifts the focus to her and away from the Crap-of-Tomorrow car and the rest of the problems NASCAR has.
So you agree that she's not the "second coming"?

So you agree that she's not the "second coming"?

... how-'bout we wait for her to win her second RACE before we discuss her being the 'second-coming', shall we?

:beer

... how-'bout we wait for her to win her second RACE before we discuss her being the 'second-coming', shall we?

:beer
She's definately not the "second coming"! Look how long it's taken to get open wheel Champion, and former Formula One driver Juan Montoya to get a handle on Stock Cars. Sam Hornish hasn't figured it out yet.

I can't believe how much time you devote to this Patrick issue.

I have to admit that I think more hightly of her as a driver than you do, but I don't spend all my online time posting everywhere about how much Ms. Patrick fails to meet your expectations as a race driver.

I can't believe how much time you devote to this Patrick issue.

I have to admit that I think more hightly of her as a driver than you do, but I don't spend all my online time posting everywhere about how much Ms. Patrick fails to meet your expectations as a race driver.
You don't have to follow the thread if you don't want to read it. I am just sick of all of the Patrick coverage.:w
I just don't think she's worth all of the media coverage. It's making a mockery out of stock car racing!

JMHO :D

It may seem a lot of hype in some folks eyes and belittling NASCAR, but it may be saving the motorized soap box car series.

If Danica brings fans back to the track, puts more light and interest back into a mundane sport.... then she might be worth every word printed and every photo taken of her.

Danica can drive, but can she race with a little banging and pushing, I guess we will find out this season! Danica could rekindle the fire in NASCAR or she could just be flash in the pan. I hope she succeeds and learns to put a can of whoop ass on some of the young bad boys of NASCAR :dance :lou

She may just get out of the car and do just that when some of them there spoiled young boys try to run her off the track :bash

Bud
:w

In my opinon I don't care who they bring into the sport, Cup racing will never be the same. I get more enjoyment out of watching the busch series and the arca series, truck's also. I been following it since the early 70's and I feel that's when it was solid. Driver's you could look up to, not all about money I use to go to daytona every year from 87 until 98, got tired of getting raped for ticket's,parking and just plain fighting the crowd's the last few year's going down there I enjoyed going down to N.S. beach or valusia county race track's to watch the mod's, I have been to other track's also, talladega,dover,pocono and of course new hampshire because it's so close. The best race in N.H. is the modified on sat, they even run faster than the cup car's. But I have to admit daytona is where it's at for the total experience, the town is electrified all up and down RT.1 It's just a shame nascar really did push alot of fan's away from the sport to a certain extent. Also I want to add it was a nice suprise to see nascar take a couple steps back and put the car's back into the hand's of the drivers. enough said I'll get off my soap box now. ;squint:

:w

:lou
When she got out of the car at Indy and tried to confront who ever that was that she thought had done her wrong, security wouldn't let her get to the guy. I was hoping they would let her get to him. If she thinks she's one of the guys let's let her get over there and find out if she is! She may just find out she isn't man enough to handle it.:gtfo

No, I just want to see her fight like Cale, Donnie and Bobby if she wants to be one of the guys! That's all nothing more! Could you imagine the headlines if she did?:bash

No, I just want to see her fight like Cale, Donnie and Bobby if she wants to be one of the guys! That's all nothing more! Could you imagine the headlines if she did?:bash

... she makes commercials, exposing the notion that 'out-there, I'm just one of the guys', yet her go-daddy.com commercials shows her unzipping her top:
(the equivalent of urinating down my back, and trying to convince me that it's rain)
she wants to be taken seriously, 'as a racer', yet has pictures taken & distributed more at-home as a HOT ROD centerfold than in NASCAR Illustrated

if she'd win, or had won, with ANY regularity (i.e.- like Greg Biffle, Dale Earnhardt Jr), on any known/major circuit and received this much hype, it'd be different, but how do you take something like this seriously?
:W

I am just sick of all of the Patrick coverage.:w
I just don't think she's worth all of the media coverage. It's making a mockery out of stock car racing!

Interesting thoughts but the more you rag on Danica here, the more media coverage you provide. If you don't care for all the hype, stop being part of it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom