Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Tool Boxes?

B

bigvette1

I have gone throught a Craftsman and a Husky box. The slides on the drawers just seem to give out and break loose from the sides. I am not overloading the drawers IMO.

What tool boxes that are reasonable will hold up to a lot of opening and closing as the C3 hobby seems to generate work. Thanks.

bigvette1 said:
I have gone throught a Craftsman and a Husky box. The slides on the drawers just seem to give out and break loose from the sides. I am not overloading the drawers IMO.

What tool boxes that are reasonable will hold up to a lot of opening and closing as the C3 hobby seems to generate work. Thanks.

get ball bearing slides on the drawers they will last longer

bossvette said:
get ball bearing slides on the drawers they will last longer

I agree, I have a craftsman ball bearing tool box and it opens and closes very nicely (and I do have a couple of drawers overloaded). of course it sometimes fights me when I try and lock it but ;shrug . hopefully one of these days I can afford a nice matco or mac toolbox.

Or you can do what I do... just throw the tools in a pile on your work bench! Why put 'em away... you are just going to use them again!

At work I have Kennedys they are made in Ohio and you can buy the scratch and dents for quite a savings in Van Wert

Mine are all Craftsman with ball-bearing drawers - they work butter-smooth, well-loaded, and I'm sure they'll still be that way when I'm gone :)
:beer

My oldest Craftsman cabinet and chest is 35 years old. The ball bearing slides work as good as new yet. I think I have taken them out and greased them with white grease once.

Tom

JohnZ said:
I'm sure they'll still be that way when I'm gone

John, When you are 'gone' you can ship your entire garage to me. I will take care of it for you! :beer Will name a beer fridge after you and will let you know how well the drawers work!

You want to be like "Wild Willy" Borsch, eh John? His ashes always accompany the Winged Express when it makes appearances. :cool
JohnZ said:
Just keep my "urn" in a prominent place :D

I was always amazed to see Willie drive that thing with one hand; I probably made 60-70 passes in my AA/FD in '60-'61, and wouldn't DREAM of trying to keep it straight with one hand :W
:beer

Didn't have have some sort of problem with his left arm, hence the one-handed technique? :confused

He has been known to have BOTH hands on the wheel a few times, when it got beyond the normal hairy-scary ride of the wild altered. :L

I got a catalog in the mail yesterday that had a 1/18 diecast of the "winged express" along with a few other neat models now all I have to do is find some extra cash :L there were also some accessory kits with toolboxes and welders and even a lift.

the way i see things...corvette,harley-davidson,and of course snap-on box

Yes he had a problem with his left arm. Had very little use of it if I remember right. I read somewhere that he drove with his left hand on the side of the body like that because it looked like he was relaxed and just out for a cruise. He was afraid that if NHRA found out that his left arm was nearly useless they'd revolk his license.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom