Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: what will you do?

maybe if smokers would be a little more considerate with thier filthy ass cigarette butts some of us us non smokers would support you a bit on this..... but i know first hand as a bar owner... i can put an ashtray every 2 feet, and i still find butts in the flower pots and all over the ground..... and even worse the slobs throw them over the fence into the funeral home next doors lawn and parking lot so now not only do i have to clean my patio, i gotta clean thiers to keep up friendly relations..... my wifes a smoker and she hears it from me everyday. and when i take my son to the park i have to look at cigarette butts in the sand and in the mulch....
maybe you are more considerate.... i hope so.... but i dont want anyone smoking near my son

I am of the same age when smoking was OK, even expected. But times change. I couldn't agree more with hotshotzny that if smokers were a little more courteous with their habit, I would be more comfortable to support them. At one point I smoked so I realize that this is a issue getting close to infringment of your constitutional rights threshold. But never the less, I would have to support your right to smoke no matter how I feel about smokers. The gas powered automobile is not going to be changed to any extream extent anytime soon. If you buy a hybrid you would have to drive it over 3 hundred thousand miles for it to start paying for it intial cost. So hybrids are a begining, but not the answer, at least not for all. For me I will drive my covette no matter what, but my wife has a corvette and when parked a few years ago, someone keyed the right rear quarter panel? I think what we're going to see in the near future, is a better fleet of hybrids, conversion of gasoline powered cars to run on Natural Gas, electric vehicles for most government agencys and the hugh postal system fleet, more use of railroads to transport good, The future of tractor trailers to transport good isn't good from a goods cost verse transportion costs. Railroads simply are much better by a thousand fold at transporting good and equipment. A little slower, but definitely much more cost effective. And most of us who save old collectable cars are be under pressure, but not to the extent that would curtail our ability to drive our cars where and when we want. If it came to it, I'd park it in the garage, disconnect the battery and cover it up. I'm not going to live forever!:ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom