Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

?What year did side-latch C3 seats begin?

Jack

Corvette
71 War Bonnet Yellow VERT 71 BH Blue CPE (SOLD)
I have a 71 coupe... its releases for the seat backs are in the middle of seat backs. I'm looking at a C3 vert that appears to be a 70 thru 73 ... but I strongly suspect is built from more than one year ... looks like a 73 with a 70-72 front clip & 69 front grille... trying to determine what it is ... trying to load the gun in preparation for my offer to buy. Does not matter to me if car is correct ... but I need to know what it is so I don't overpay. The owner/seller either doesn't know or isn't disclosing ... we haven't been able to get together for me to see the title and VIN tag ... YET! I know some of the clues like eggcrate side gills or not, plastic front grille or not, plastic front bumper or not, wiper door or not (it does have what appears to be original low-rise BB 70-72 hood), 1 or 2 chrome bumpers, fiber optics or not, etc. I noticed the driver side seat back latch on this mystery vert is located on side of seat back. Was a side latch peculiar to the vert? What year did side-mounted seat back latches begin? I'll attempt to make digi photos of title, body, interior & engine bay ... this weekend if owner is available. Thanks!
JACK:gap

I have side mounted seat latches on my '69. Can't say about '68

68 & 9 are the only shark vettes with side mounted seat release.

To find out the year, just look at the VIN. The sixth digit, right in front of the "S", indicates the year.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom