Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Year

C

CSCARLSON

I am thinking of buying a newer vette and i need some opinions on what year to by, I need pro's and cons onused newer ones and used new ones

The best advice I can give you is to go for the newst Corvette you can afford, though, stay away from the '97's. I've heard a lot of stories about '97's that had major electrical problems.

For C4's, I know I'm biased, but the '96 is a great year for C4's. The last 3-4 years of the C4's where great all around. If you can find a ZR-1 you like, jump! Just ask Rob and JT what it's like to have a ZR-1. I doubt you would ever regret buying one of those monsters.:)

Other than buy the newest 'Vette you can afford (minus the '97's) and all the regular used car stuff like an inspection, maintenence records, stuff like that... I really dont have much to offer (on this subject:))

Jason

newer Corvette

I have never owned a C4 but I would like a '96 Collecters Edition with the LT4 and 6-speed. Chevrolet refines the Corvette every year so it would seem that the '96 would be the most refined of all C4s. I saw a black '99 hardtop locally for sale a couple weeks ago for 33k. Looked like a real nice 6-speed car. Also you can find ZR1s from the first couple years at fair prices if you want a more exotic ride.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom