Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whats it worth with a twist 99 conv. new vin number........

50ANNV

Corvette
2003 50th annv, 68 BB conv
Hello All, I am helping a friend sell her 99 conv. after the marriage ended. It is a 99 conv with looks like all the extras ... heads up display, cd changer in the trunk, power windows, tilt / tele steering wheel, cruise, etc. Seems pretty tight, has 41K and looks to need only tires. Paint is pretty nice, one curb damage on left rear and a few minor nicks in it, inside is very nice, only the drivers seat shows wear on the hip area on the seat back. Everthing seems to work, even the tire pressure sensours. Hitch is the vin tag number is gone, replaced by the state of MD. Have clear title with the new vin number. Owner thinks it was a theft recovered insurance sell. So KBB starts it at about 20k but does not list all the options like the heads up / cd deck nor anyplace to note the vin deal. So whats it worth? Thanks, Bruce

Really? With the problem with the Vin tag, that hurts. Maybe lucky to get $15K for it. Have you run a CarFax? Might shed some light on the Vin issue. Generally Salvage issues do these cars under.

Nice looking car and the milage is a plus.....I don't get the VIN # deal though.....that needs to be fully documented. I think Tom is right on with his 15K but It may have to go to 14K to move it........but its spring which is Corvette buying time.....so start high and you can always back off. Good luck with it!

Hello All, I am helping a friend sell her 99 conv. after the marriage ended. It is a 99 conv with looks like all the extras ... heads up display, cd changer in the trunk, power windows, tilt / tele steering wheel, cruise, etc. Seems pretty tight, has 41K and looks to need only tires. Paint is pretty nice, one curb damage on left rear and a few minor nicks in it, inside is very nice, only the drivers seat shows wear on the hip area on the seat back. Everthing seems to work, even the tire pressure sensours. Hitch is the vin tag number is gone, replaced by the state of MD. Have clear title with the new vin number. Owner thinks it was a theft recovered insurance sell. So KBB starts it at about 20k but does not list all the options like the heads up / cd deck nor anyplace to note the vin deal. So whats it worth? Thanks, Bruce

I think this car raises the proverbial "RED FLAG". There will be something strange in it's history to generate a VIN by a State or Commonwealth's DMV. Any law enforcement investigator worth his salt knows there are numerous secret and hidden locations on that vehicle to check for the original VIN. Should he or she not know all of them, a simple call to his region NICB would give him or her an answer. I'd be very leery.

I think this car raises the proverbial "RED FLAG". There will be something strange in it's history to generate a VIN by a State or Commonwealth's DMV. Any law enforcement investigator worth his salt knows there are numerous secret and hidden locations on that vehicle to check for the original VIN. Should he or she not know all of them, a simple call to his region NICB would give him or her an answer. I'd be very leery.

I agree, there are VIN #'s all over that car and documentation should not have been a problem, So I don't understand the new # unless that is just the States policy.

Red Flag, I bought a blazer one time, then the cops showed up. Their investigations concluded that my truck was build from SEVERAL trucks :ugh
out of a chop shop they had been watching. It was like the truck with 6 owners!

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom