Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's it worth?

bopengr

I have now found a '65 coupe that I am thinking about purchasing and would like opinions on what it might be worth. It is matching numbers, red, 327 350 horse, 4 sp, side pipes, 5 Kelsey Hayes knock off wheels, factory AC, Teak steering wheel, telescoping column, black leather interior, AM/FM radio, no PS or PB. It was restored about 700 miles ago ahd looks good and clean.

I have now found a '65 coupe that I am thinking about purchasing and would like opinions on what it might be worth. It is matching numbers, red, 327 350 horse, 4 sp, side pipes, 5 Kelsey Hayes knock off wheels, factory AC, Teak steering wheel, telescoping column, black leather interior, AM/FM radio, no PS or PB. It was restored about 700 miles ago ahd looks good and clean.

Our opinions as to what a car is worth is useless. That's because they are opinions. But since you asked; here goes.

Matching Numbers: aren't they all? Don't pay more for matching numbers unless you just like spending additional money for a vehicle that doesn't do anything more than any other vehicle.

Color RED: Oh boy, be still my beating heart. Yet another red Corvette. Doesn't mean it isn't a pretty color or isn't a good car. And you can always repaint it.

327/350, 4 spd, side pipes. Personally, I like all of that stuff.

Knock off wheels: Have never been my favorite but if I were truly interested in a car I would not let that be a deciding factor to purchase or not. As all five are there it could be a good thing. You can always sell them to someone who DOES like them and has to have them.

Factory A/C, Scoper column, Teak wheel. SWEEEEET ! ! !

AM/FM radio: If it is like my car you won't hear it over the side pipes anyway.

Black Leather interior. Looks great and will be HOT as a bastard on your skin. You are gonna need that factory air to be working well.

No P/S, No P/B: I would change that quickly to make the car more enjoyable to drive.

It sounds like you have found a nice car and it should be in great condition if as freshly restored/refurbished as you state.

My worthless opinion on price is between 40K and 55K.

Good luck with whatever car you decide to purchase.

Rich:beer

Well I did it. The 65 coupe should be at my house on Friday. I had a list of things to be done before I take possession.
Can't hardly wait!! Luckily, neither can my wife.

Congratulation to you on your new purchase, hope you and your wife have fun. Ace:thumb

Well I did it. The 65 coupe should be at my house on Friday. I had a list of things to be done before I take possession.
Can't hardly wait!! Luckily, neither can my wife.

Congratulations and don't forget the wave! :w

Congrats. It sounds like a great car. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Tom

Congrats

Get ready for a lot of looks and waves. I was (and still am) amazed at the interest the car draws... Some days you feel like a celebrity.

I don't have powersteering or powerbrakes either. I don't really miss power brakes, but once in a while I consider putting in power steering. However, I haven't gotten to that point yet.

Enjoy and share a picture when you can!

those are fun drivers..you can hot rod and burn rubber..and they are cool just to look at

What is it worth? Well I can tell you right down to the penny what your car is worth. That car is worth what the buyer is willing to pay and feels good about and what the seller is willing to except and feels good about. That is what your car and any other car is worth. It you both feel like your happy with the car and the price that was paid or it sold for then that is what it is worth. Nothing more and nothing less.
What may be worth say $50K to one person may only be worth $25K to another person. So if you are happy with what you paid then THAT IS WHAT THE CAR IS WORTH. Enjoy your car and drive it that is what they were made for.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom