Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's it worth?

silver98

Corvette
1998 Sebring Silver Coupe
Looked at a vette for my neighbor. What do you folks think:
1989, White Vert, Black interior, top perfect, back windo perfect, 62kmiles, last year had 200 miles put on it. Tires have plenty of tread, automatic trans. Paint looks decent, leather is worn, no tears or cracks. Wood panels look a bit rough to me, but I'm clueless. Asking $12.5k

2 owner, present owner kept her in a garage, 'gently driven' I'm told.

Good deal or not?

Thanks C4'ers

:w

Sorry no pics. Didn't have a camera with me...... besides, that would make it too easy :)

Real Tough call!!!!!!!!!!!

Without seeing it, it is only worth in the $9000 area. The asking price of $12,500 is high because the interior has to be redone and l'm sure the weather stripping is almost shot.

If you redid the interior and the carpet and what ever, it would wind up costing you in the $2000 area to start.

There are minto ones out there at the $12,000 price range and forget what happened last year with 2000miles and now garaged.

That is my two cents.

Alan

I agree with what Alan said. Interiors and weatherstripping is a costly thing to replace.

Another thing that is costly to replace are tires!

Keep in mind that his asking price of $12.5K is just a beginning price. He can't go up from that price.
What he would accept depends on how fast he wants to sell and how good of a negotiator you are.

Sounds a bit high to me also. In November, I paid $13k for my 91 coupe. It had almost 37K miles on it and just needed a really good detail. Overall, it was in great shape. I replaced a few things (outer window seals, belt, front and rear emblems). Actually, $13k was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but it was one of the cleanest ones and lowest mileage ones around my area.

Personally, I'd go in the $9k to 10.5K range.....

only problem is we know what it's worth is. most owners dont. i agree with the 10k price. these cars are getting cheaper and cheaper to buy and makes them a GREAT deal!

if it's been well kept and documented then try and negotiate because it sounds like a nice car!

to me having new tires, brakes, fluids frequently changed, ect goes along way in negotiating the price and i don't mind paying a few extra bucks for something nicely kept.

I paid $13K for my 90 in the fall of '02. It is a convertible (with hardtop included) and had 47,000 miles.

The one you are looking at is one year older than mine, is being sold 2.5 years later than when I picked mine up and does not include the hardtop.
$10K sounds about top end.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom