Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

whats needed to put 92 wheels on a 85

The wheel spacers (for the rear only) come with studs on them, you bolt them to the existing studs, then the wheels to the new studs. :w

You will need a set of adapters in order to properly mount the 92 wheels to the 85. The 8.5" front wheel was introduced in base suspension cars in 93. While the offset was the same as the 9.5" wheel (56mm), the one inch less in width should work with no front inner interference on the 84-87 cars (which used a 38mm offset).

1992 wheels on all cars except for the rear 11" ZR-1 wheel are 9.5" wide.

c4cruiser said:
You will need a set of adapters in order to properly mount the 92 wheels to the 85. The 8.5" front wheel was introduced in base suspension cars in 93. While the offset was the same as the 9.5" wheel (56mm), the one inch less in width should work with no front inner interference on the 84-87 cars (which used a 38mm offset).

1992 wheels on all cars except for the rear 11" ZR-1 wheel are 9.5" wide.

Well, that seems confusing to read. I guess you are saying that the 92's are all 9.5". I think the offset info is correct. It's all on the link I provided. Fact is, you can run them without spacers in the rear, I've done it briefly, looks stupid. The wheels sit in too far. The spacers are approx 3/4" for the rear.

hi all

im sorry i dont mean to tap into your thread but ive got a similer problem that ive been trying to solve for years. ive got an 88 witch is not the same as an 87 or a 89 . its got 16 inch wheels,what type of an adapter would i need to use a set of sawblades?

thanks ...tom

Hi Tom, this is what we are working on, looks like nothing needed to install 9.5 sawblades on the front and spacers on the rear. I'm waiting on info to my last post may be a less expensive way by using longer studs and spacers vs adapters.

I wouldn't do it. It'll cost a bit more, but use the adapters. You can occasionally find them used, or that someone decided not to use for less $'s.

Tom, no adapters needed for sawblades 88-96.

XJ6GUY said:
hi all

im sorry i dont mean to tap into your thread but ive got a similer problem that ive been trying to solve for years. ive got an 88 witch is not the same as an 87 or a 89 . its got 16 inch wheels,what type of an adapter would i need to use a set of sawblades?

thanks ...tom

A 17x9.5"" wheel was available in 88 as part of the Z51 suspension package. These 17x 9.5" wheels as well as the 16" standard wheel had a 56mm offset and any 17"x9.5" wheel from 89 on will fit the 88.

The 84-87 cars had a wheel with a 38mm offset.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom