Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whats the Best C4 to Buy?

Wow, that is some major work that needs to be done. I personally think that cosmetic work is more complicated, expensive and time consuming than mechanical work, IMHO.

Cluster work is quite expensive, those seats will not come cheap either. Engine and tranny, you can pretty much figure that out.

But I guess if you have the resources to put into the car, go for it!

That red 84

With all that needs to be replaced on it I wouldn't give more than $500 for it. Tow it home and pour the other $5500 in it to get it right. Better yet (and expecially if you don't need another major project) let another vette find you, that one sounds like a dog.

I bring "that " home & I'll get shot!!!!

So pass ... big time!!!

Mike

I have the 89 vert and it has been a joy so far. Just normal maintenace like oil, filters and coolant. Reasonable power, good brakes, starts good, easy to use top and looks super! Mine has 46,000 miles. It gets 26 mpg on the highway and cruises 70 at 1700 RPM. I have the trusty 2:59 rear axle ratio. It's slow from the hole but works well with the automatic.

One thing to watch out for is the Opti-spark on some of the early 90's engines is prone to moisture damage from leaking water pump seals. I think the newer engines used a redesigned and more reliable Opti=spark.

Radar :s

I think the L98 Vette's are the best combination Vette's that you could buy. They're out there in the $8,000-9,000 range, if you look for them. Some people think it's a little under powered, but that isn't a problem. Remember that you have a 350 in there and the tuning possibilities are almost endless. There are things from simple things that everyone can do themself, to shade tree mechanic mods, to the more complex mods that will add some HP to your vehicle.

I think the L-98 may be the best bang for the buck.The prices are considerably lower than the LT-1,it has more torque,and you can get the 90,and not have the "pinball"dash,which can give you fits.

There isn't really one year that was monumentally better than the others. They all kick a$$.:D It's really a matter of what you feel will suite you best. I got the '91 because it was the first year for the updated styling, but still had the "Torqueilicious" L98. the L98 is less exspensive to modify as well. :)

I still stand back on ocassion and can't believe it's mine. Gives me goosebumps. It's like hearing the national anthem. :cool

Spiderman :w

It still comes down to the best corvette is the one that feels right to you. The one that gives you the tingles and that you can afford.

which c4?

hi new guy! welcome-i've had a '78,'97'99 and just traded my '99 for a '93 40th anniv. with 134k on the od. plus 15k in cash.this car is like brand new! it took me 9 months to find this deal but it was worth it.the horsepower is there but the ride is a little hard.going to work on both a little at a time.i think if you really look around and take your time you'll find the right car for you and your wife.taking your time is the key to finding a good buy and a car in the kind of shape you can live with.don't be afraid to use car fax and pay your local vette mechanic a few bucks to look the car over real good and check for codes.if the person you'd be buying from objects just turn around and walk away.good luck and remember to practice the wave-dennis :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom