Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whats the best stall for me?

No, haha Im trying to get a plan but the cam and all the hoopla is whats gettin me lost, i dont know what i should use or what i actually need, this is my first corvette and i read about l98s to ls motors and its just numerous opinions n facts n i get lost thats all lol if i hit the lottery ill let u knoww :p

Yeah, I know. I was the worlds worst at sifting thru BS advertising. I bought it ALL...and junked 90% of the stuff. Its tempting and confusing when they make claims of easy power or better performance...even better MPG sells stuff these days. Best advice is to ask around and see if others have used the things you're looking at. Not just one guy, but several. There is always the one guy that would'nt admit a mistake if he were paid. If you hear the same things from several guys, there's a chance its true.

Just decide on exactly what you want your engine to do, formulate the plan, then save toward it. Thats the hard part. I knew of someone that was so bad at saving that he had t o get creative in order to get what he wanted...
Each week he'd buy a money order for $20 or $50 (whatever he could afford that week) and stick it in the sock drawer. After a few months that went by pretty quick...he had close to $3000 there to go toward his dreams... It's all about priorities.

If you hit the lottery, :happyanim: the only place you'll be goin is to the Chevy dealer with a suitcase full of money for a new ZR1 in your choice of colors..!:cool!:

Heck...the very thought of that makes me want to run out and go buy $10 worth of quick picks...;LOL

haha ya know honestly if i were to choose from a ZR1 and any other corvette, honesty I always wanted a 96 grand sport so id go with that haha my uncle owns a 08 z06 and its decked out with numerous bolt ons, fuel injectors, new JE(i think pistions) stock cam, hoosier drag radials, 3.73 gearing, heddman headers and cat etc. and a MTI TVS positive displacement supercharger, sad thing is he cant drive it because it wont "hook", gas is terrible, when it goes over 100+mph it rattles and you can barely control it haha.

But I want from my vette, or what I expect from it is just a nice low end launch, with some mid toque which is what my cam does now(stock) but like i said all this "hoopla" about ZZ4 cams, LT4 cams, etc. it all sounds so good, haha its sad though but as i learn more ill know what im talkin about i guess o_O lol. I love my 90 L98 very much its my first, I wouldnt trade it for anything, I'm learning new things as I go with it, and I just want a few mods. My plan/budget is around 1,500$.(MBO bonus :dancenaughty ) And I want something that I can enjoy driving/ crusing, but if I'm at a light I would want something with a slighter more advantage all around, particularly off the line than stock.

And no I work a pharmaceutical company in Jersey which is the "lottery" in the long-run if you look at it because thats one of the fields that majority of teh companies around here are successful in.

Another reason why i prob wont get a new corvette is because im 23 years of age hahaha too much power for my taste :p

Swap out your 2.6 rear end for a 3.55 , best bang for the buck...you will get that tyre smoking hard launch and more!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom