Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's The Deal With Red Calipers?

I went with PFADT coilvers and swaybars. The coilovers are adjustable so you can get
the ride height you want.
:)
2721145520103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

PFADT's certainly are an expensive way to lower a vehicle, but are absolute quality, quality.:)

I like that front splitter too, really nice.

PFADT's certainly are an expensive way to lower a vehicle, but are absolute quality, quality.:)

$1750 for coilovers and another $1250 for sway bars! I'm beginning to like that small gap come to think of it! LOL

I talked to a tech at one of our local alignment shops last Fall about the stock bolts and he would not adjust them. I had read the article on this website about the adjustment and figured I'd have them do it and then they could check the alignment...but they wanted no part of it (???)

Let's say you have a yellow Corvette, Now try to imagine
these calipers on it. It would look very sweet because it
it matched the body paint and best of all....it wouldn't
like everybody else.:)

Screen_shot_2011-05-11_at_10.58.44_PM__56198_zoom.png

Falsies;LOL

Looks Very Nice

Now on this one I totally agree because it flows with the color scheme.:cool

click

Red calipers - thanks Porsche!

I'd rather have red calipers than those silly exhaust plates, chrome tail light louvers, chrome stick-on lettering kits or even "Z51" badges.

My yellow callipers

ought our 2004 Magnetic Metallic Red vette in 2009. It had yellow calipers on it, and I questioned the salesman about them, knowing it didn't come from the factory this way. Previous owner had them painted. Wasn't sure that I liked them, but I got over that very quickly. Everyone notices the yellow. Now when I see other cars the same color, I know exactly which one is ours.

DSC02145.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02145 copy.jpg
    DSC02145 copy.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 92
Red Rules. . . . . . Yeah it do!

Correct me if I'm wrong and I was once then I thought about it and was wrong about that :happyanim:But didn't the ZO6 come with the red calibers? I personal like red on about any colored Vette

But to each thier own I say :cool!:

Bill :w

X2 Bill, I'm with-ya on that one!:thumb

DSC02184.jpg

I want paint my calipers. What should I do n where do I get the paint from?Does anybody have ant suggestions.

I buy VHT paint from AutoZone. I clean the calipers with solvent. Mask the area really well, remove the calipers from the rotors and paint with light coats until I get the color depth that I want. Put them back on the rotors and stretch an old t-shirt over my index finger, dip it in thinner and clean the paint off of the CORVETTE letters.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom