Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's The Deal With Red Calipers?

Good Story. . . . . Wo would have thunk?

Nice story, I did not know that, so there is a reason for red? Wonder why the didn't put the red ones on all models of the Corvette? If memory serves me and it probably don't; but were they not just available on the Z06 at least originally? you learn something eveyday if your lucky!!!

-Bill

Well now, and as a matter of fact they all are painted red every since the introduction of Disc Brakes in the Corvette. So here is the explanation of why they don't "appear" to be red.

Ole Zora as he got into the phenomena of the Obstiller Tube made a couple of remarkable discoveries. You see the Obstiller Tube isn't really about the pigment of the color red and its effect on friction, that is just a cool side effect. It is really about the Red color and its place in the continuum of the unseen spectrum of color and wave length. As the red heats up in the Obstiller tube the heat turns into long string proteins which at certain temperature these proteins are altered into little spears of light which then are changed into "Perjarative" issatonens that have true mass. With this mass comes weight, this weight once again alters there shape and function. They develop a conical configuration and with the altered long string proteins at there base, turn into little suction cups. These suction cups then react with the metal of the disc and slow it down. Simple huh?

So Zora found that he could use any color paint as long as that unseen spectrum was based on Red. Another words it didn't have to be red when you looked at it, it just had to know that in the real world it was red no matter the actual color. This knowing was all it took...

RS

PS-Is winter ever going to end???

Last edited:
Well now, and as a matter of fact they all are painted red every since the introduction of Disc Brakes in the Corvette. So here is the explanation of why they don't "appear" to be red.

Ole Zora as he got into the phenomena of the Obstiller Tube made a couple of remarkable discoveries. You see the Obstiller Tube isn't really about the pigment of the color red and its effect on friction, that is just a cool side effect. It is really about the Red color and its place in the continuum of the unseen spectrum of color and wave length. As the red heats up in the Obstiller tube the heat turns into long string proteins which at certain temperature these proteins are altered into little spears of light which then are changed into "Perjarative" issatonens that have true mass. With this mass comes weight, this weight once again alters there shape and function. They develop a conical configuration and with the altered long string proteins at there base, turn into little suction cups. These suction cups then react with the metal of the disc and slow it down. Simple huh?

So Zora found that he could use any color paint as long as that unseen spectrum was based on Red. Another words it didn't have to be red when you looked at it, it just had to know that in the real world it was red no matter the actual color. This knowing was all it took...

RS

Right.......

Winter is indeed going to end, right about when spring starts. :)

RS

Best double talk I've heard. :happyanim:

Since this thread has spanned several years I've elected not to read the entire umpteen pages, so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned... Any color of caliper cover is for sissy's. Real men don't use calipers at all. Just take 'em off and use 'em for paper weights.

Since this thread has spanned several years I've elected not to read the entire umpteen pages, so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned... Any color of caliper cover is for sissy's. Real men don't use calipers at all. Just take 'em off and use 'em for paper weights.

And how do real men stop; drag their feet ;LOL

-Bill

Fender Skirts

Way back on page 1 someone said like fender shirts on 50, 60's cars. I love fender skirts, dual antennas, blue dot tail lights, fuzzy dice, flames, chopped tops, lowered, cat eye head lights, glass packs, spinner hub caps, moon disc and all the other neat stuff from that era. Perhaps it is because I was a hot rod guy then. I had a 1957 Oldsmobile holiday 88 coupe, J2 (three two barrel carbs), Dual exhaust with glass packs, de-chromed, fender skirts, dual antennas, spinner hub caps, full length lakes pipes, cat eye head lights, painted jade mist metallic. I saw Big Daddy run his first un official 200 mph, Tommy Ivo's twin engine Buick powered dragster and also his four engine Buick powered dragster and many may other famous cars. You guys just don't know what you missed by being young whipper snappers. As we said back the "PEACE"

I too was present for these historic events. . . . . Seems like another world ago too

. I saw Big Daddy run his first un official 200 mph, Tommy Ivo's twin engine Buick powered dragster and also his four engine Buick powered dragster and many may other famous cars.

I too was present for "Big Daddy" Don Garlits historical breaking 200MPH, the first rear engine dragster, the competition with the "Snake and the Mongoose" saw TV Tommy Ivo put on his shows, he was Hollywood compared to Big Daddy's grease and grime. How about "Cha Cha" Shirley Modowney? Through all of this I never heard anyone say I've lost my cell phone or send me an e-mail :happyanim:

-Bill

We would have painted calipers but disc brakes were rare, some people painted their brake drums black if they had wheels that you could see them. Young guys simply missed the real golden age of hot rods and cars. I also got to drive a brand new 1955 Chevrolet, 1954 Corvette, 426 Hi Po Hemi Satellite, 350 GT Mustang and several others. I remember a Pontiac Tempest that had a Hi Po 6 cylinder with dual exhaust and four barrel carb with a four speed, it must have been some sort of special order thing as I have never seen another one, it was new at the Pontiac dealer. Glad to see someone else with old time taste in this modern world. By the way I DO NOT have a cell phone, wife has a track phone that she never uses, it is for emergencies. I am just an old school old guy. My present cars are a 1992 Corvette Coupe and a 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT and I cancelled carry a 50 year old S&W snub nose .38, yes I have a cancelled carry permit. "PEACE"

I am just an old school old guy. My present cars are a 1992 Corvette Coupe and a 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT and I cancelled carry a 50 year old S&W snub nose .38, yes I have a cancelled carry permit. "PEACE"

Man you are older than dirt ;LOLI have had a cell phone ever since they were introduced, have not had a land line for most of that time either, they make NO since to me whatsoever :ugh I carry a Colt Combat Commander (Stainless) 45 APC, and sometimes a S&W 40 caliber semi automatic. The Colt 1911 is also what I carried in the Army only a full 1911 version, times I did not take out my M-14 on choppers, I got pretty good with the 45 APC out of necessity and liked the knock down :r power. I too have a life time permit to conceal/carry as well, never leave home without it.

-Bill

I love that this thread has taken on a life of its' own for years. Remo started it one night, just to stir the pot." He wanted to tweek the nose of all the guys who were painting their calipers so the would look like factory red units. He was like that, and that's why he is so missed...A crafty devil with a big heart, and wicked sense of humor. I NEVER knew when he was jerking my chain.

God bless him.

Not older than dirt but it was a fairly new thing. Only thing a cell phone is good for is to make people rude and exercise, they walk in circles while talking on them. It really makes me mad when a store clerk is talking on their cell phone and waiting on customers, RUDE. Or people in a public place talking loud on their cell phones, RUDE. Answer your cell phone while we are having a conversation and you will see me walking away. At my age I just do not need constant contact with the entire world. I have had a life long affair with cars and motorcycles, it is in my genes, my Father was also a car nut. I stopped drag racing motorcycles at age 70, it just stopped being fun. I had a 8.5 second Hayabusa at that time. I have drag raced cars forever and raced moto-cross, hare scrambles, endures and road raced motorcycles. I love speed and occasionally run the Vette up to 150 or so, have been 200 mph on a motorcycle. Never sky dived or climbed mountains, do not like high places. OLD GUYS RULE!! "PEACE"

I love that this thread has taken on a life of its' own for years. Remo started it one night, just to stir the pot." He wanted to tweek the nose of all the guys who were painting their calipers so the would look like factory red units. He was like that, and that's why he is so missed...A crafty devil with a big heart, and wicked sense of humor. I NEVER knew when he was jerking my chain.

God bless him.

I totally agree, I miss Remo too, he started this and I still like it. . . . A tribute to him as well! He now rest with peace with our LORD forever! May be driving that silver Vette on those streets paved with 🌠GOLD🏁

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom