Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! What's the deal with Vette Brakes & Products?

Achilles

Corvette
1982 CE, 03 MY Z06
I ordered a new set of rear brake calipers from Vette Brakes & Products, paid my $100 core fee, spent $40 in shipping to return my cores to them -which they received Jan. 7th according to my UPS tracking number.

Yet I still have not received my $100 core refund. I've contacted them 3 times in the last couple of weeks and every time I speak to the woman that handles the crediting, she tells me she is processing my refund and I should be getting my credit in the next couple of days. But I never do.

I get the same line of bull each time I talk to her. When I ask what happened the week prior. She denies ever talking to me, but claims she is the only person in that dept.

I don't get it!:confused

I've ordered lots of stuff from them in the past and never had any trouble. Has anyone else had any problems with VB&P?

If you paid by credit card, call your CC company. I had a similar problem with another co. (over brake parts too!) and the CC folks simply deducted the core amount from my debit/thier credit once they researched it.

Their website states 4-8 weeks turn-around on refunds ( Vette Brakes and Products | Core Charges | Core, Calipers, Refunds )... using the date Jan. 7th, it seems you're coming up on that soon.

Their homepage also has links to contact them, provide feedback and a contact phone number for "Administration". Vette Brakes and Products | High Performance Corvette Parts, Brakes & now with Raybestos brake & chassis | Car, Vbp, Performanc

Perhaps using all 3 methods of contact would put you in touch with a different person, which could get a new set of eyes on your issue.

Hope it can be resolved soon.
:wJane Ann

I paid with a VISA debit card & never had a problem in the past with refunds or credits. The only reason I called them to begin with is because it was taking longer than my previous transactions with VB&P to get my credit back.

The gal at VB&P (who claims to be the only person over there handling the reimbursements), told me over the phone the last time I spoke to her that they have it listed in their catalog that they pay back core fees in 30-45 days - which I wasn't aware of the first 2 times I talked to her, and she failed to mention it to me. I think she should have just told me from the beginning about their policy instead of telling me each time that she had my paperwork on her desk and would be processing it for payment and I should expect my credit in a day or two.

If they're gonna pay me back in exactly 45 days - so be it.

Just don't jerk me around on the phone - be honest about it!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom