Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What's your compliment?

WLS Ruby 93

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Coupe
Today was cloudless, 45-50 degrees and I needed oil and a filter for my tractor so I removed the dust cover and fired up the Vette for a 30 mile one way cruise to the dealer who sells Orange colored tractors.

On the way home I stopped at my local Non-Ethanol gas station to top it off and the owner's wife sees my car and says, "Nice car, what year is that?" I say, "1998", she says, "Wow, it looks brand new".

Best compliment I could get.

What's your latest compliment?

Bill :w

"You don't look old enough to have 11 grandkids."

Well, maybe I started young.........;LOL

"Wish I could afford one"....LOL....He should only know how easy it is to find a decent C4 for cheap.....

:beer

I was in Denver with my GS last fall at a filling station putting in extra ethanol fuel when a nice looking woman ran over from 4 bays over to tell me "that car is gorgeous", it had just rained and the water was all beaded up and the silver paint was glistening.....I nodded my head as I looked at it and said...."I know"........... :D Later I had the thought she might have been hitting on my car.........that's scary...

Last edited:
I was filling up once and a really cool mid-older gentelman came up to me and said "Is that thing as fast as it looks?"
So I had to reply " .. .and then some"

Made my day

Tank

I was driving the Blue Bullet II on a mountain driving run with my club and stopped for gas in Kernville CA.

As I was pumping premium into the car, a kid in a mod'ed Mustang pulled up to the pump behind me. He got his fill up started then came over and was just looking at my '12 Z06 and not saying anything.

Finally he said quietly: "Dude...that car is totally bad-assed."

Not long after I got my 427 Vert, I was gassing up at my favorite Ezero station when a local police car pulls in. The officer got out and walked over to take a closer look. It was my home town Chief of Police. He said something to the effect of:

"Bet you have a hard time keeping that under the speed limit!"

Late in 2009, I was filling up at the local Shell station when an older gentleman and his wife walked over to my Z16 and inquired if it was "that new ZR1"?? They remembered the Blue Devil moniker that had been referred to... I told them no, it was better... it was paid for!

Mine is a worst and best moment all in one. I took my 03 C5 into the dealership to get the oil changed. I have only had it a few months, but figured 3K on the oil, time to change. They pull the car into the bay, and I decided to walk around and see the car off of the ground. Much to my horror, there are 5 techs all standing under my baby, looking all over the under side, pointing, talking, and shaking their heads. :ugh . I walk over to the car, and they all turn around, and one guy asks, "Is this YOUR Vette?" I say yes, and he says "Man we have NEVER seen a C5 this old look so perfect under here! It is like a brand new car! I explain it only has 56K on it, they then take me over to a 2009 C6 and it is trashed. I have to admit, I was stunned on how clean the underside was. Once they changed the oil, they brought it up front for the GM to see, and he said the engine was cleaner then his new ones! It was we compared. I am a "little anal" I wipe the engine down, and even vacuum the hard to reach area. Go figure. But it did make my day. :happyanim:

My son and I went to the local car show. My son was 9 at the time. Some one came to the the vette and said " that's one BADASS corvette" . My son didn't understand and said to the Gentilemen, "that's not BADASS that's my Dad's car". I told him that means its a really nice car and he likes it. My son now uses that term when he sees other corvettes.
I get compliments all the time. :w

Don't get me started!!!:mad .....Oh, sorry. I that it said COMPLAINTS.

My neighbor (2003 anniversary edition) and I took our cars to a local car meet a few years ago.
A gentlemen came over and asked me if the Silver LT-1 was mine, and when I told him it was he handed me
a keychain with an old bronze medallion that had "Corvette" with the C3 logo on it.

He told me he had it since he bought a brand new vette back in '69 and he wanted to pass it on to whoever
owned the nicest vette at the show that night.

I sold the car last spring but still have the key chain.

Compliments

My neighbor (2003 anniversary edition) and I took our cars to a local car meet a few years ago.
A gentlemen came over and asked me if the Silver LT-1 was mine, and when I told him it was he handed me
a keychain with an old bronze medallion that had "Corvette" with the C3 logo on it.

He told me he had it since he bought a brand new vette back in '69 and he wanted to pass it on to whoever
owned the nicest vette at the show that night.

I sold the car last spring but still have the key chain.

Great stories guys, keep them coming. The folks in the Northeast need something to read and remind them warmer weather is on its way.

Look at it as a PSA, Public Service Announcement. (Ha, and you thought it was a protein test)

Bill :w

I was out in the garage tonight waxing the Vette, when a strange truck pulled up. A fellow gets out and introduces himself. He said he saw me cleaning the car and had to look. He said he had never seen a Vette that old ('02) that clean. He really flipped out when I told him it only had 29000 miles. He looked at it for about 30 minutes just saying "wow" and shaking his head. Made my whole day and night.

Pulled up to a red light and a woman in another car asked me, "Is that your car?" I said yes and she replied, "I wanna have your babies!"

EDIT: Oh, I left out the part about her looking like she was a 90 year old bag lady.

Pulled up to a red light and a woman in another car asked me, "Is that your car?" I said yes and she replied, "I wanna have your babies!"

EDIT: Oh, I left out the part about her looking like she was a 90 year old bag lady.
Junkman, did you break out the cut-wax and polish up until she looked like a 19 year old bag lady? :chuckle

-Mac

Junkman, did you break out the cut-wax and polish up until she looked like a 19 year old bag lady? :chuckle

-Mac

Nahhh... I dropped the hammer and got the hell outta there! :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom