Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Wheel noise

denmar

Corvette
2006 Monterey Red Coupe
I just purchased a 2006 Monterey Red Corvette and I just noticed while making a sharp turn to the right I hear a noise and have no idea why!:ugh The car has approximately 24,000 miles on the odometer.

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!
Moved to C-6 Tech forum

I just purchased a 2006 Monterey Red Corvette and I just noticed while making a sharp turn to the right I hear a noise and have no idea why!:ugh The car has approximately 24,000 miles on the odometer.

Maybe: Cold weather, wide front tires, cold pavement = popping, creaking noise as the front tires bite and break loose during tight turns at slow speeds while cold.
One of the "benefits" of Vette ownership and Super High Performance Summer Tires. Btw, what tires are on your Vette?

Does it make the same noise with left turns at low speeds?

wheel noise

could be clutches in rear end.Go to a lot and make several figure 8's to losen them up.may need to add new posi lube.

could be clutches in rear end.Go to a lot and make several figure 8's to losen them up.may need to add new posi lube.

Good point. Rear Diff noises were an issue with early C6s. My 2006 needed new posi lube also when it was still relatively new - had forgotten about that.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom