Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheel offset question

M

Mart

I have an opportunity to buy 4-ZR1 wheels off of a camaro?? maybe

inside the the wheel they read 17x9J 50

I take it these are 50 mm offset wheels, would these work with adapters on an 86, I currently have 88's with adapters.

Thanks
Mart

Mart...I think they will. I have a set of saw blades on my 85 w/o spacers. The wheels are different sizes between the front and the back. Back wheels tuck under the fenders nicely...the fronts are smaller and would probably look better with spacers since they are pulled in due to the offset.
Hopefully someone with more experience in this swap area will give you what you need. Good luck...

I'd say yes - with adapters.

The 86 came with 32mm or 38mm (Z51) offset. 88 and newer wheels were 56mm for the 17" wheels with the GS 11" wheel having a 50mm offset.
The original 11" ZR1 wheels were 36mm offset and would work without the adapters on the early C4.

Here's the answer, I think so. I need to get some rubber mounted on these and check them out further. It's really hard to tell when the wheel is not on the ground but I think they will work.

ZR1_wheel-1.jpg
ZR1_wheel-2.jpg

Be sure to check and see if your adapters will work with the ZR1 wheels. My adapters will not work w/ the ZR1's because the adapter lugs hit the back of the wheel. The ZR1's don't have a recessed pocket like the sawblades. Test before you buy.

thanks for the info I did not check that but I will tonight.

Mart

Finally got around to checking the depth of the pocket out, Lot's of room, even got an old tire mounted and they work just fine, They are a 50mm offset which is 6mm less than the 88's I was using.

DSCN4602.jpg
DSCN4603.jpg

I have 2 sets of chrome ZR1 wheels and one set doesn't have the recessed pocket for the adapter lugs and the other set does. Don't know why, but both sets look identical from the front side. Glad things worked out for yours.

Yup. this one worked out pretty good now I just need center caps to replace the SS ones.

Thanks for the advice on checking the pocket, that could have been close.

Thanks again
Mart

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom