Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheel Polishing Equipment??

81' Corvette Guy

Corvette
1981 Silver Coupe
Hi all,
Had the earlier thread bout polishing stock aluminum mags..what I was really wanting to know is: What everyone uses to apply the polishing cream with, ie. Diaper/finger combination, Shop Cloth/ finger combo, I am personally looking for some kinda of "mop" head that fits on a drill and try it that way..went to Home Depot..but that had tiny buffers for dremel/application and various sized drill buffing flat "disc". I am trying to locate a little "mop headed bit" for use with a drill..anyone have one of these and if so, where can I purchase or order one..thanks

Just my two gold pieces worth, thanks and peace out<*)))><

Joe :)

Joe,

I used a 4" diameter white gauze wheel that I bought from Sears for the polishing part. I applied the Mother polish with a clean cotton rag.

thanks for info

Thanks for the info Gary, will take a look at Sears and see what the have!! :upthumbs

Polishing

Eastwood Co has what you're looking for, they call it Facer And Mushroom Buff Kit

Item No. - 13168

Here's there web site.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/

I'm using Mothers aluminum polish and these arbors, it works great.

Have fun
Chuck

Eckler's has a 4" Busch Aluminum Wheel Buff, sounds like what your looking for. Part# 35906

Tom

Welcome to the Forums, Tom. Sharp '81. What wheels are you running.

Tom

There steel wire spoke wheels. They were on the car when I bought it. Don’t know the mfg. or where they came from. The emblem on the wheel caps are from the 75-76 years.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom