Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WHEEL REFINISH

CALLAWAY1988

Corvette
1988 CALLAWAY
HEY GUYS. SOME OF YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT MY 88 SE THAN I DO. IT HAS THOSE WHITE PAINTED DYMAGS. I AM CONSIDERING A COMPLETE REFINISH ALL FOUR BACK TO THE ORIGINAL COLOR/FINISH. COULD SOMEONE SHARE THAT PAINT CODE OPTION WITH ME?

There wasn't a paint code option on these I am aware of, maybe someone else knows.

There is a frost silver GM color and a Porsche color that closely match, depending if you are doing the whole thing, or touching up.

Best bet, IMHO is to send ALL four wheels off to this place, it is $95/wheel to refinish them

*** Ask for JOHN - John is the man there who KNOWS Dymags :cool (Tell him Chris sent ya')

They ship UPS Daily - I know others here have used them and were pleased, as there is a right way to refinish them, and a wrong way :eek:hnoes

Ye Ole Wheel Shop
7281 Washington Blvd
Elkridge, MD
410-796-8400
800-526-8260

I believe I remember someone at the Callaway shop told me the paint code was from a Mazda color. I looked for the actual code but can't find it, but I will keep looking and pass on the info if I find it.

Thanks guys for the info. I am going to redo all four. I had forgotten about the place mentioned earlier. I will probably break them down in the morning and send them off ups right away. Spring time driving isnt far off. So does John know the correct color?

Though I have not personally used them, I have heard good things about their work and I don't think you can beat that price.

-Luigi
:cool

Ye Old does great work. Here are a couple of shots of my wheels after they refinished them

dymag1.jpg

dymag2.jpg

Thanks guys for the info. I am going to redo all four. I had forgotten about the place mentioned earlier. I will probably break them down in the morning and send them off ups right away. Spring time driving isnt far off. So does John know the correct color?

The color John uses, is appx. 1/4 shade off of the original color - VERY CLOSE :eek

I compared my Dy's that were redone, to my original set on the car, w/ only a few K mi on them - again, very close :cool

I hope this helps :beer

The pics look good. One of the wheels has some pitt issues. I am pretty sure that was the one used to replace the original one damaged by previous owner. I am placing the sled on the rack today and will remove the others and we will refinish them all. The price you mentioned is considerably less than what I found here in the Atlanta market area. Again thanks for you help and your support to this forum.

No problem - it is a pleasure to help others with their cars :cool That's what it is all about :upthumbs

Here are my Dymags, after refinishing - Note the color - and how close it compares to the others :upthumbs

dy1.jpg

Here are a couple threads Re: wheel refinishing - and the fantastic job John does :cool
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46157
- Part I: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46157
- Part II: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47774
- Part III: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57381&highlight=dymag+refinish

Etc: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45162&highlight=dymag+refinish

attachment.php

All this talk about Dymags, made me buy another set :reddevil

Where did you score them????

One of my racing buddies had them in storage. He didn't even know what they were. He wanted to put them on his 06 Corvette, because they were so light in weight for racing, but they wouldn't fit :D The offset was way off. Came with the locks and caps. :D :D :D :D

All this talk about Dymags, made me buy another set :reddevil

Yeah, I hear ya! I went and got another set today :upthumbs

I also have the paint code for the Dymags - or as close as I have EVER seen to factory. Less than a 1/4 shade off, it uses a GM color code... VERY CLOSE! :cool

I finally sent my four to ye ole wheel. had some leather work redone, new floor mats, and await the wheels for the summer driving season will be upon us soon.

I finally sent my four to ye ole wheel. had some leather work redone, new floor mats, and await the wheels for the summer driving season will be upon us soon.

Good deal - did John indicate how long it might take??

How about pics of the rest of your Callaway work??

ENjoy! :beer

Yep, spoke with John early last week. He said give it three or four weeks. Work usually gets busy for him about now. No hurry for me. The car is sitting on a lift at work, so maybe when I find five minutes i will detail underneath the car. I will send out pics when the wheels come back from john.

RETURNING IT TO SILVER. I UNDERSTAND THAT WAS THE ORIGINAL FACTORY COLOR FOR THIS CAR.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom