Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheel Studs

The stock studs (P/N 3910340) are 1-3/4" long under the head, with a 1/8" long knurled area, 1/4" head thickness, and are 2" long overall. If you're going to add 1/2" spacers (not a great idea), you need new studs 2-1/4" long under the head. The 2-5/8" long studs in the link may be too long to install in your rear spindle flanges without removing the spindles.

:beer

not a great idea

Thanks for the answer!
Why not a great idea? I suppose for wheel bearing longevity...?

Ok for the thread size (7/16"-20 RH)...but which is the correct Knurl diameter, 0.480" or 0.486" ???
I can't find on the web 2.1/4" long wheel studs with this specifications. The most diffused are 2.875" (ARP).
So, I know that's a dirty job, but I can cut this longer wheel studs to 2.1/4" correct lenght???

Oh, yes different offset rims I suppose... are they easy to find?
But rims are more expensive than wheel studs and shipment to Italy for 4 rims is more expensive than rims price!!!!

Thanks for the answer!
Why not a great idea? I suppose for wheel bearing longevity...?

Ok for the thread size (7/16"-20 RH)...but which is the correct Knurl diameter, 0.480" or 0.486" ???
I can't find on the web 2.1/4" long wheel studs with this specifications. The most diffused are 2.875" (ARP).
So, I know that's a dirty job, but I can cut this longer wheel studs to 2.1/4" correct lenght???

Can anybody help me, please???

Don't know what the knurl diameter is. Spacers increase the load on the inner and outer wheel bearings, and just about double the shear load on the studs under acceleration and braking.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom