Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wheels question

Corvette
1988 convertible-blue pearl
Looking to get new wheels for my 88. AFS sells their wheels on e-bay. They have good feedback. They offer the 17x9.5 for the front & 17x11 for the back. Has any one tried this combination? I think it would look nice to have wider tires in the back. Will it effect driveability in any way? Also what size rear tires does that take? Any opinions appreciated.

It works for me. You'll be looking for 17x9.5x56mm for the front and 17x11x50 for the rear - the same numbers as used on the 96 GS. Tires would be 275/40/17 and 315/35/17 on the rear. GoodYears new D3's and several others come in those sizes.

The ZR1 offset of 36mm for the 11" rears would stick out on an 88 just like they do on my 92 - I don't mind as I mounted GS flares and splash guards.

I got AFS 17x11s for my 96CE to match the OEM wheels. I put the OEM 17x9.5s in the front. Awesome looking and handling, and just what GM did for the ZR1s and 96GS. Make sure you follow AFS's recommendations about offset and model year. You will enjoy that combo lots.

got a set off ebay 17x9.5 i know you are askin about the 17x11 but just wanted to
you know i am so pleased with the quality wheels they are flawless and the chrome
is like a miror...............

bought em

Your favorable replies are appreciated. I bought a set on Ebay (from AFS) & am awaiting delivery. When I started pricing tires for the 17x11s I was startled by the prices. Oh well, the money pit continues.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom