Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"Wheels"

I got my car back from the transmission shop. (another story)
The tech noticed my wheels were not mounted correctly.....I drove it right over to TMA as they had balanced them in Jan. I watched as he removed one off the RR. Stamped on the inside of the wheel it said "Left Side Only"
My question is: It been 6 months and 4-5k miles like this. Should i expect any problems? Do you think it had any effect on the transmission/od?

"Its always something":bash

No, the wheels are designed to be directional, but you're right in that it is mainly for appearance, although people need to be instructed (shown with pictures and words) in order to install the wheels so they look like the factory intended.

The tires on the other hand... well you don't have to be told about the directional aspect and the reason for the design of those right? ;)

_ken :w

I heard the only difference if the cooling vents on the wheels. If its rolling the wrong direction and under LE MANS conditions you might be vulnerable to a warped rotor and some wear on the pads.

If you drive it like the way your car looks nothing nadda zippo. Its the same as my wheels they are supposed to flow air to cool the brakes. (What I don't get is my wheels are all exactly the same side to side and they are slanted go figure!)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom