Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When does it expire?

AZMike

Corvette
2001 Mil. Yellow Convertible
I bought my car 3 years ago today. Does the warantee expire today, at the end of the month, or did it expire on 1/1?

Inquiring mids want to know.

It expires today if the dealer registered the warranty 01/13/2001. The "in-service" date is what counts. You can call any GM dealer and their warranty clerk can look up your serial number. It only takes a few minutes. That will tell you when the in-service date was. Also, did you purchase extended warranty? If you haven't and want to, you can still purchase it on the last day.

Happy 3rd Anniversary!!

Chuck

No - I didn't get the extended warantee - I have over 24,000 miles (28k to be exact), so the cost really is not worth it. Major guard is a fortune for cars woth over 24k miles, and I really don't trust the rest of the companies out there.

I'm pretty much banking on not having any major problems for the remainder of my time with the car (fingers crossed).

I had an extended warranty on a 94 Formula. I think the car knew it had health insurance and was a hypochondriac....

In 74K miles and three years, my car spent at least four months in the shop. Opti-spark, leaky lifters, fuel pumps, EEPROMS, injectors, and two tensioners.

It was just a terrible car. Oddly enough, my old 93 Z28 had only the optispark replaced in 11 years.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom