Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When does the ZF tranny oil need to be changed?

I forgot to mention that I did use it and it works very well. I used it on power steering fluid. Just sucked all the fluid out of the reservoir and refilled. I was just itching to use it.:L

Question re: Changing the fluid myself

Gents,

Can I drive up on my race ramp XT's to do this job? i.e. can it be done with just the front end of my LT4 elevated; or does the car need to be level?

Thanks for the ;help !

You will need a 17-MM allen wrench and be sure you remove the fill plug FIRST
They are really tight and if you drain the transmission and then can't get the fill plug out you have a real problem.
The first time that I removed mine I had to use a 2 foot pipe on the wrench to get it out.

I went to my local Chevrolet dealer today to pick up transission fluid GM P/N 1052931 for my '96 LT4. I gave them that part number and they gave me bottles of "Syncromesh Transmission Fliud" pat number 12345349 and told me this is the new replacement part. I haven't been able to confirm on the web that this is the correct oil for my transmission. Has anyone else used this oil in a ZF trany? After reaing this tread, I want to make sure I use the right fliud!

Thanks!

I went to my local Chevrolet dealer today to pick up transission fluid GM P/N 1052931 for my '96 LT4. I gave them that part number and they gave me bottles of "Syncromesh Transmission Fliud" pat number 12345349 and told me this is the new replacement part. I haven't been able to confirm on the web that this is the correct oil for my transmission. Has anyone else used this oil in a ZF trany? After reaing this tread, I want to make sure I use the right fliud!

Thanks!

Bob,

That is the exact part number of the fluid you need. I just had the fluid changed in the tranny of my 96 LT4 about 3 wks ago, and I have the receipt from Koons Chevy of Vienna, VA right in front of me as I type this. The part number of the fluid they installed is 012345349.
Bo :beer

Thanks for the part number verification!

ZF oil

I have just been to my local GM dealer and I had both the old and new numbers for the ZF oil. He found these numbers and he informed me that they have a new number for the oil and it is 89021808. It says it is a synthetic blended transmission fluid for GM manual transmissions. I haven't changed this oil yet and sure hope this the right one. I hate to keep chasing part numbers and second guessing. Anyone else come across this part number for the ZF tranny oil?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom