Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When have you checked your spare tire last...???

When I got a BIG F@#*@n stove bolt in a BRAND NEW tire!!!:mad It was so big when I got to the stop light I could hear the air hissing out of it.

I picked up a sheet metal screw in one of my run flats a month ago . It went in at the outside edge of the treads almost in the sidewall . Pulled it out expecting to hear air leaking out , but it didn't . Possibly due to the thick sidewalls of the runflats . Keeping a close eye on it though . Cliff

Ahhhhh!

Run-flats are good for the soul.

That tire pressure monitor isn't though!
hehehe

C V Man

I checked for my spare. I don't have one I guess the guy I bought it from didn't think it was a must. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can pick-up a spare, jack, and wrench?;help

Did the same thing as Ken and it works GREAT!

PS dont forget to grease up that screw mechanism that lowers the tire while in there. Ours was practically frozen!
BTW, Does anyone else seem to think it screws backwards.... violating the old righty tighty maxim? Thanks to that confusion and it being almost frozen I darn near snapped it off!

:w

PS It it me or is that Grio Guy a patronising Tim Allen wannabe?

Corvette1984 said:
PS dont forget to grease up that screw mechanism that lowers the tire while in there. Ours was practically frozen!

I had to replace mine, it was frozen, and I twisted the hell out of it. :eek

_ken :w

I'm blaming everyone in this thread....

Howdy All:w
I just want to say that since I've read this thread, I'm gonna put my Baby up on the rack and check the spare and all related items, just to be sure that I'm ready for my little sortie up into the North Georgia mountains with Len, Heidi, and Bob ! So thanks for giving me a great excuse to spend a day tinkering with the 'vette ! You ALL are the Greatest !:beer

:w
Steve.

spare tire

The spare tire in my vette must be flat, I'm in Mt. Fuji, Japan right now. I'll check on it after my deployment. Thanks for the advice!!!! :Roll

Hello gang,
Sorry this reply is out dated but when I last check my spare is was cracked on the sidewall and appeared to be dry rotted. The jet has been in the restore mode for a year and I'm now driving it but I am affraid to get down on my knees and look at it now. Probibly has two inches of overspray on it from the paint shop. "vigman" you said that you had replaced your spare? Did you replace the entire spare (rim and tire) or did you just put a tire on the rim? A year ago (before the restoration) when I noticed the cracking I went to the tire store//s and they all told me that they didn't have a tire to fit. I went into overload when I saw the price of a new spare.

I need to do something.

Thanks,
Bob w/jet4rs:cool

Corvette grave yards do not exist here in Jacksonville. I believe the closest one is in Titusville. I know of three (3) vette yards in Tidewater area of Norfolk/VA Beach, VA.

thanks for the info. I have just sent a request off.

Everyone
After discovering I had no spare or jack I went CorvetteSalvage on E-bay and picked up everything I needed at a reasonable price. They seem like very nice and helpful people.:) See Black Ice's post. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom