Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When to Replace Fuel Pumps?

Fritz1990

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe 2007 Silver Titanium Interior
Hello all! I have a 2007 6.0 and have 91,000 miles on it. When should I change them? I don't want to be on the road when one goes out. I know there is no definite answer but was just wanting the general consensus. Do you replace both at same time? Use GM ones only? I will do it myself as I am a capable kinda guy. I have already had the engine out for an oil pump change. Yes it will come out the top with out much trouble.

Best Regards, Jeff

If they are going to go out, generally in the 100,000-150,00 range, but keep in mind that there are plenty with 200+ on them with no issues. It’s an electrical component it will go down whenever it wants to.

Stick with GM or Ac Delco for the parts if you are going to do it.

Thank you for the reply! That is about what I had in mind. I think I will change them this spring. I am planning a trip to Bowling Green. :happyanim:

Regards, Jeff

fuel pump replacement

If they are going to go out, generally in the 100,000-150,00 range, but keep in mind that there are plenty with 200+ on them with no issues. It’s an electrical component it will go down whenever it wants to.

Stick with GM or Ac Delco for the parts if you are going to do it.
? You have had the engine out. Did you take a look at the fuel tank configuration? the tanks and crossover pipe are very difficult to work with.

? You have had the engine out. Did you take a look at the fuel tank configuration? the tanks and crossover pipe are very difficult to work with.

I didnt say say anything about taking the engine out.

Fuel pumpd

I didnt say say anything about taking the engine out.

O, ok. Thought you mentioned that. Anyhow, have you discussed with individuals about the difficulty with fuel tank senders/pumps in your area?

O, ok. Thought you mentioned that. Anyhow, have you discussed with individuals about the difficulty with fuel tank senders/pumps in your area?

No, I have never done it on C6 myself or asked anyone how to do it. I am sure that it is not a quick and easy job and that f you paid a shop to do it, it wouldn't be cheap.

I didn't say say anything about taking the engine out.

I merely stated that I had the engine out to let you know that I am capable of doing difficult things. When I needed to remove the engine I couldn't find any info on removing it from the top. Everyone said you had to take the body off. This was not an option for me. I finally found a post that someone took a C5 out the top. My son has a C5 so I looked at it and the C6 looked easier to me. I just stated that it would come out the top in case anyone else was searching for that info.

I'm sure the fuel pumps are no cake walk but I want to change them before they leave me sitting. GM changes them so I don't see why I can't. As far as I have been able to see there are no special tools or anything required for doing it. Just a few choice words I'm sure.

Sorry for any confusion! Thank you for all the replies!

Regards, Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom