Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where are the fresh air inlets for the air vents on a '69????

69L88clone

I'm getting lots of hot air in the cabin of my 69 when the air vents are opened. I'm trying to trace where the air inlets are- I thought they would be under the windshield wiper cowl but I can't find them. Can someone please tell me where they are?
Thanks in advance.
Jim

On my '71 they run down from the wiper well, down the inside of the fenders. you can develop cracks in the body moulding inside "duct" that allows hot air from the engine compartment into the fresh air intake.

Thnaks for replying Mike.
So the inlets ARE in the wiper vent well, right?
How the heck do I access them withoug having the wipers running??? I'd like to check them out for cracks....
Thanks
Jim

you access them from the behind kick plates inside the car, its not easy, but the cracks, if any will be near the bottom front of the wells. You can use the wiper door over-ride vacuum switch to open the door.

Err, where is the wiper door over ride switch?

Err, where is the wiper door over ride switch?

On the bottom of your dash below your steering wheel there is a little dial and 2 pull switches. Pull the right pull switch down and the will release the vacuum and open your wiper door. You can then turn on your wipers and when they are fully open twist the knob (left I think) and that will stop your wiper blades. You will have full access to the wiper well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom