Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

where are the horns

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
ok this will be the dumbest one for the year and its me asking .... looked under hood and in front end and dont see the horns anywhere my guess is they have been removed or I missed them and they are cleverly disguised, so where would they have been originally because along with the missing horns I dont see a loose wire anywhere either

sad huh ... I can turn the car into a convertible but cant find a horn

Well...I'll assume that your horn isn't working, otherwise, just have someone blip the horn while you're looking for it under the hood.

Anyways, I wanna say that the horn is attached to the frame, under the driver-side headlight. It's a spiral/cone shell type horn.

Or I could be way off... ;stupid

Topless,
Check on the top of the head.......should be somewhere between the ears.:D
Actually they should be mounted between the headlight actuators. You can see them with the hood open.
Mike

Good Luck topless82vette, here is a post from a previous thread that might shed a little light too ;)

Rare81 said:

The lower mounted horn is the "High Pitch Horn" the feed for this horn comes from the top horn "Low Pitch Horn". From the horn relay you should have a dark green wire and same color from the upper to the lower horn. Have you tried cleaning the contacts of the connections to the lower horn? Also you can remove the dark green wire and "jumper" it to see if it in fact works before pulling it out.

If you need to replace it, and you have a "Pic-N-Pull" you can remove the horns from a camaro or other GM and test them. I would think GM horns are pretty standard in size and mounting.

BudD
:w

On my '81 there is one on each side. With the hood up you can see them bolted to their brackets tucked up in front of each wheel well.......hope that makes sense ! VettePaul.

vettepaul are you talking about to the outside of each headlight assembly because only thing between my headlights are the vacuum can, I check that area you mentioned they could be there but if they are there buried LOL

From the headlight actuators head towards the inner fender which would in affect be over the front of your tire. There is a bracket bolted on and the horn is the other side of the bracket. If it is still difficult to find let me know and I'll take a quick pic and show you. Good luck, VettePaul.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom