Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where can I buy C-4 seats for my C-3

thanx

Yes E=bay sux.............never will use that garbage dump

seats

I agree with Tyla about Ebay but picked up a PAIR of 1987 Leather Electric seats with all the bells and whistles from Ebay for 350.00, yes they do need reupholstered but I'm in the right part of the country to get that done CHEAP. You can ussually get them from a corvette place for around 650.00 to 700.00 for standard vinyl (condition unknown) I have a few links/email addresses to places with alot of seats if you want them. I have researched it alot, GOOD LUCK....

Wamp '74

C4 seats for a C3

What about seat tracks? Will it fit in the same track, or will you have to make something?
Tom

silver 80

Still have to verify that, I am pretty sure electric and manuel are not interchangable. I hope the bolt pattern is the same but if not a little welding skills could come in handy. They will go in if I have my way, one way or another. As soon as I find me a C4 localy or one of my friends emails me the dimensions I will know more about the mounting.

Wamp '74

Tyla

I hear ya Tyla. I collect pottery also with the wife, have gotten ripped off pretty good in the past. When it comes to used parts I always check my catalogues before I purchase. Couldent find used seats for under 600.00 at parts outlets and that's not new tracks.

wamp '74

This is interesting... I think I am going to call my local car wreckage company.. Wrecks, Inc.

And see what they know if anything about this.. we took out our seats last night, cause umm the previous owners never EVER used the seatbelts and they lodged the bottom part under the seats.. so we had to take them out, only to find that all the retracters were rusted and non-usable.. now I am searching for new seat belts...

and since my seats will need to be re-done, I might as well look at getting new seats also. :)

I like the new C4 ones also... :)

C3 TO C4 SEATS

FYI - Not sure if you want too, but here's some info.....
About a year ago I finally got my the seats recovered after spending who knows how much time searching for the best deal.
Heres some large dealers in aftermarket Corvette supplies:
CORVETTE CENTRAL ....800-345-4122
MID-AMERICA DESIGNS......800-500-8388
Both companies have on line ordering

But...I refused to spend $600 - $700 dollars for new mounted covers. Here's what happened.

I found WWW.ANTHONY'SUPHOLSTERY.COM in Tampa.
The covers they offer can be 100% leather, vinyl or what I bought "driver leather" which is a lower grade leather at a fraction of the cost. here's the best part: embroidery on the head rest with a choice of logos and/or cross flags is free of charge. My final price was about $150.00 for a set of C3's.
I'm not sure why you want to switch to C4 style, if it's the foam,
I found out, through their suggestion, NOT to replace the seat foam, simply take a steamer to it and it will bounce back to like new shape.

I then called a local auto detailer, who refered me to a professional upholstery shop who charged $75.00 complete.

There it is...2 new seats w/embroidery for $225.00
They look GREAT.

Interesting... so the new leather "Dry leather" just gets sewn over the old leather? or.. taken off and new put on? hehe... confused yes..

The old leather is removed, the foam steamed, then the new covers put on. I also noticed that you have the 1st type of seats for the C3's, in '78 chevy turned to the newer C3 style. Maybe if you update to that style, it won't be so expensive, and you know the tracks and bolts will still fit. Good luck.

C4 seats in a C3

I might have a line on custom seat track
Tom

Satistfied Customer'sTestimony

I just had Anthony's Upholstry replace the headliner, carpeting and weatherstripping in my C4. After checking around, I found their pricing was very reasonable. They did a good job and took care and time for all the details.

Have not made a decision on the seats yet,

craig

the C-3 seats that are in my car need a total rebuild, although I will keep them for the future (maybe) they are flat sided and flat backed, the C-4 seats are really sporty looking. since the car is not stock now to NCRS standards why not make it look better.

wamp '74

Wamp

Once most of us realize, it's not financial or practicial, or in some cases just NOT worth trying to stay original, that's when the FUN trully begins. I had my Vette for four years, and put it up for sale before I CROSSED that bridge. Lets face it, most of us are working Joe's with a mortgage, car payments, kids etc....Being lucky enough to have an additional car is a luxury and should be enjoyed to it's fullist. We all make changes and updates, some good, some bad, but it's O.K. unlike that commercial "You won't get pulled over by the Corvette Police" The best thing about owning a Vette, is doing exactly want you want to YOUR car. Don't worry if you want to change to the C4 style seats, I thought of it too. Over the years I've updated, changed, removed, added to, etc, etc, etc. Now, I like my car more than ever, not in spite of, but because of the changes I've made.
Some advice here: IF IT FEELS GOOD - DO IT.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom