Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where can I find evidence of recall work?

M

maxr96lt4v

Anyone know an easy way to find out if the rocker arm fix has been done on the 96 LT4 I just bought? The original owner passed away in '03 and the folks/computer system at the Chevrolet Customer Help line might just as well have for all the help they were.
The VIN falls within the range of susceptible vehicles, but there is no recorded evidence anywhere I can find one way or the other that the fix was made. The engine looks untouched, but it has only 28K on it.
If I have to pull the valve covers, will I find part numbers on the rockers?
If I need the fix, is it too late to get Chevy to do it?

Stop by your local dealer...he should be able to punch it up in a second. He will also be able to tell you if you are eligable for a fix. He should work with you, its money in his pocket to do the work.

You can also go to Chevrolet.com and the rep. can tell you everything that is in their computer.

Been there, done that...

Been to a dealer and also called the Chevrolet 800 line (twice) for recall info. Even though my VIN is within the range that needed the fix, no one can find anything that tells me one way or the other if it's been addressed.

I'm itching to autocross this thing, but afraid I'll destroy a rocker arm and put fragments in the pan.

Any other ideas?

If there is no record of it I doubt it's been done. Welcome Max :w

I agree with Moon. I stopped at a dealer and they gave me the history on my newly acquired 96, and actually seemed glad to do it!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom