Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where can I get these?

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
grommett1.jpg
grommett2.jpg
grommett4.jpg

They are grommets with threaded inserts, which are popped into the firewall to hold a bracket. The bracket holds the relays for both my fuel pump and the Doug Nash 4+3 overdrive unit.

The parts counter doesn't have 'em. A body shop maybe? :confused

_ken :w

If you don't mind 'recycled' parts, you could try Jason Francis. He's got a number of Vettes that he parts out as a business; I've ordered a couple things from him and his prices seem fair to my untrained eye. He sent me a load of oddball fasteners and interior screws for a couple dollars.

EDIT: whoops, muffed the email addr :( Try now.

Those things are called "nutserts" or something similar, and can be found in your local hardware store (at least that's where I found mine). :upthumbs

I used something like that, I think they were called TAPCONS. They work kinda like a rivet, stick it in the hole and squeeze the tool and it mounts the nut inside the hole. I borrowed the set of them so I am not sure were they got them, but they did work nice.

These, when new, are just like a dry wall (or any wall) anchor in that they are long and skinny when inserted into the hole, then when you tighten the screw in the nutsert, it expands from behind, closing the gap in the wall thickness and allowing the nutsert to be firmly attached to whatever surface you wish to have something attached; in this case, it was the relays for the overdrive (manual trans) and fuel pump on the firewall near the brake booster. ;)

Corvette Central, Ecklers , mabe try an auto wrecker worst case

Good Luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom