Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Where does this part go?

J

Juskie77

In the attached photo is a bracket, that I can't find in the assembly manual. I'm 90% sure it was to support the dash, but I scoured my photos of the dis-assembly and can't find where. Anyone know? The bent end is threaded and the straight end has a slot at the end.

Bonus: Second picture, same problem. I think these two brackets went with the ductwork somewhere. Any help here?

Thanks for your assistance!

dash bracket .jpgDuctBracket.jpg

Did you replace your heater core? It looks like a support for the core and the clamp for inlet/outlet pipes located inside the heater/AC case.

Did you replace your heater core? It looks like a support for the core and the clamp for inlet/outlet pipes located inside the heater/AC case.

Do you mean here?100_3317.jpg

I think that is where it goes! Thanks for the tip. Any thoughts on the other rod/bracket? It is for the dash right?

Tim

Rod from the bottom of the radiator support to the reinforcement bar under the nose. AIM shows it.

:thumb

Wow! I was way off on the rod. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction both of you! I was able to find the picture of the rod on the nose and found it in my AIM when i was looking for the right thing :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom