Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Where is everbody?!

Peer81

Corvette
'81 Black
As a "longtime" member is see that the c3 sections are almost deserted for some time but now in 2014 I don't see any improvement. Last reply in technical over a week ago!
So what is the problem and what is everybody doing? Not that i have a solution but i don't believe everybody is addicted to twitter or whatsapp. Or are they? :what:

Greetings Peter

Howdie Peter,
am still around, but only check in once in a while. Too busy with earning a living.

Car still alive, going for the TUeV on the weekend. We shall see..

Maybe the rest of the C3 Crew are all hibernating, sleeping, and only wake up in March? :chuckle

:w
Stefan

Now really sure. Spread the word about the C3 forums here! :thumb

Still here just don't post much.

Good to see I'm not the only one :)

@ Stefan, did she pass the TUeV anual check? Mine is inside from November but no problem, this is the time to fix and improve things! :D

Greetings Peter

I use to frequent here back in 2001 - 2004 time frame. Just doing a lot with the job, family and car projects. I came back since my Vette project may get going again. I have a '78 that is a frame off resto-rod build. When I lost my job in 2004, the car projects were put on hold. I was out of work for 2 years but my kids started driving, then off to college. Between maintaining their cars and paying for college, the car projects stayed on the back burner.

Update on the Vette, the body has been off the frame since 2002. The frame is almost ready to have the body back on. I just need to coat the frame and install the fuel lines. If interested, check out my car project website: Big Dog Garage

Good to be back ! :thumb

Good to see I'm not the only one :)

@ Stefan, did she pass the TUeV anual check? Mine is inside from November but no problem, this is the time to fix and improve things! :D

Greetings Peter

Groetings Peter,
The TUeV is a -every-2-year deal here in Germany.. She has an appointment this week, but we (ie the garage) have to replace the main brake cylinder, the front brake calipers (and pads), swap tires front to back, exchange oil and filter and then check why the valves are doing their kid rattle song under load. (read = money).. :ugh We'll see..

I know i could probably fix some of the brake stuff by replacing parts in them, but i got no time to deal with it (nor the knowledge. ;)), so swap it is at the shop.

So far, never had a problem with passing and the 'expert' coming by the shop isn't that knowledgeable. He tried to use the seat belt while the car was sitting still.. Doooh.. ;LOL

I'll come back next week for the update (if i can afford a PC by then or the power to run it, muhahhha)

-Stefan

Aha I see, we have the same inspection. Overhere in Holland if the car is under 30 years it's ones a year and above ones every two years. Not a big problem as qualified garagepersonel can check the car and they can get a inspector to recheck if you're not so "lucky". But even a recheck isn't a problem as the car should be good to start with! I know the garagepersonel for several years so they think with me and not against me. (For example handbrake with a automatic is never used anyway, so they set it to tight for the check and back again if there is no recheck, etc etc)
I hope they find the rattle! And good luck working hard to affort your power and PC :chuckle:upthumbs

Greetings Peter

Last edited:
I keep checking up on the forum s daily but with the northeast US in the midst of a winter grip I don't always have the time to respond at the moment.
Most of our vettes are put away for the winter and not being worked on.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Where

Many of us "Old timers" have either sold their cars (like I did) or got involved in other projects or interests. Others may have stopped using the forum because they found that they were reading the same questions, and of course the same answers, over and over from new members who either did not care to use or did not know there was a search function to find answers to previously asked questions.
I joined the C4 forum around 2000, sold the car after several years and left that forum until I bought my Stingray. I was on the C3 forum beginning in '08 and sold my '75 4 speed convertible 2 years ago. I stopped using the forum to get involved in the street rod scene, hadn't logged in for a few years, and find that my avatar and profile info has disappeared. Feel like I've been kicked to the curb but probably my own fault but nevertheless, do not come to the forum much anymore. There are probably other reasons too. In addition the multitude of respected, knowledgeable and helpful members, there were a few know-it-all's and hotheads who were self-appointed experts which seemed to result in heated exchanges that became uncomfortable for the rest of us. I see many more visitors than members browsing the topics so maybe these folks just don't bother logging in anymore and/or have nothing more to say.
Terry

Aha I see, we have the same inspection. Overhere in Holland if the car is under 30 years it's ones a year and above ones every two years. Not a big problem as qualified garagepersonel can check the car and they can get a inspector to recheck if you're not so "lucky". But even a recheck isn't a problem as the car should be good to start with! I know the garagepersonel for several years so they think with me and not against me. (For example handbrake with a automatic is never used anyway, so they set it to tight for the check and back again if there is no recheck, etc etc)
I hope they find the rattle! And good luck working hard to affort your power and PC :chuckle:upthumbs

Greetings Peter

Just to close this out: Just got the car back. Another 2 years of smiles.. :)
He replaced the Master Brake Cylinder, new brake pads out back, repaired the front calipers (they were leaking), swapping tires front to back, replaced oil and filter and adjusted the darn handbrake (The German Inspection guys are crazy on those, if they don't work, they will fail the car). So, car passed flying colors, as usual. But... (You knew there was a but coming didn't you? :D)

He detailed what we should tackle in the next 2 years:
- the bushings front and back are worn, hence why the car does a bit of a shimmy dance going over 80mph, so he suggested full repair kit for both axles

- the filler neck/tank is sweating when the tank is full, hence the gas smell once in a blue moon

- and we found the reason of the rattle.... :mad
Peter was right in his PM to me.. Detonation.. Appears #5 and #6 have oil in them and detonate early/misfire. Which can be 2 things but both would best be done with a rebuild/re bushing/over bore of cylinders (read: Lots of Euros)..
I'll wait on that until we do a full frame off. Car is running ok, except for under load and warm..

ok, so, car is back with me, and was driving fine coming home.

Now, let's use our C3 forum a bit..

:w
Stefan

It may be slow because (in the USA) winter seems to have a death grip on just about all of us. Too daggone cold to work on anything, much less get it out and drive around.
I'm n Dallas right now- It SNOWED his morning. Sure was fun watching the traffic

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom