Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

where is my horn

rschenkel

Corvette
1980 clariet coup
hi iam new to this and my 1980 vette i don't know where to post this or how???? i can't find the horn it does not work and i don't know where it should be if you or someone can help please do i tried to post this in the forum but it won't let me i need to get it fixed for inspection and i am dying to drive it some one help please thank you

Hi rschenkel-

I've moved your post to a forum where you'll get some answers. :D

Having owned a couple of C3s myself, if my memory serves me... the horns are located under the front end, above and between the headlight actuators.

Hope that helps. :thumb

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!

Welcome. You're going to want the GM chassis service manual and probably the assembly instruction manual (AIM) for 1980. Both will be helpful. Do you have an owner's manual? If not, order a rerpoduction. Lots of useful information in the owner's manual.

:)

if you do not see them between the headlight actuators,check up in the front of the fenders .thats where thay are on my 82 .that is factory for 82 .

if you do not see them between the headlight actuators,check up in the front of the fenders .thats where thay are on my 82 .that is factory for 82 .

That is probably where they are hidden. Have to get to them from underneath and remove some wheel liner stuff to reach them. Probably would not be a bad idea to extend the wiring when you get to them and put them in a more convenient place, like next to the headlight actuators. But do not know how or to what you would attach them, not being able to look at my car at the moment. Certainly would make them easier to service as I have had mine go out more than once. One horn on each side - low note and high note.

That,s where they are on my '81 as well....I had to be a contortionist to put them in!!!!(3 elbows would have helped)......

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom