Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where is Quality Control at the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant?

Bradan Donaldson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
2004 Z06
2021-corvette-loose-engine-bolts.jpg

How do loose bolts sitting on top of the engine in a brand new 2021 Corvette pass quality control at the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant?​

Over the years, I've seen plenty of quality control issues with Corvettes occasionally coming out of the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant. Some of them I can understand how they might have slipped by. Others leave me scratching my head. This is one of those cases.

The lead photo above shows a brand new 2021 Corvette that just arrived at a dealer fresh off the Jack Cooper Transport truck. The shipping covers weren't even off the car, when the trunk was opened to make sure that the bag of floor mats and center caps were in the car. Sitting on top of the engine were these two bolts.

Full Story:​

Did away with them, for cost savings? ;shrug

Hopefully, they are extras and not something that was not installed somewhere.........

This is scary. So what is the obvious with this whole scenario?? Slim to none QC, both during and after assembly?? Cmon Corvette!! Am due to get my 90k plus 1st Corvette in June barring further shutdowns but am literally having nothing but anxiety instead of joy as I get closer to pick up at NCM. Reading about to many QC issues on social media. Need to ungroup myself from them before I go bonkers. Lol.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom