Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to find C4 differences

Ajetsprt

Hi,
I'm lookng at buying a C4 a was wondring if there is a source for finding out the differences between C4 years

Thanks

When I was looking at mine I bought the book Vette Specs 1984-1996 by Mike Antonick, it is a very comprehensive book that takes you year by year of what options were available and what changes were made year by year. I had that book pretty much memorized 5 years ago.

From my personal research, and test driving, and asking questions, and...

Well, I found that the 1996 was one of the best years because the C4 was perfected in its last year of production. Others might argue, but I know plenty will agree.

Dont get me wrong, they are all good, but I found the 1996 to be my best choice overall!

Good Luck!:cool

Corvette Magazine (the print version) does a market review by generation which covers the major differences year by year. Also gives dollar guesses by year. I don't remember which issue the last C4 report was in but you check at your local library to see if they have the magazine in the stacks.

Try this...
Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Model Center

A couple of notable changes:
1990 - Dash was converted to Analog with a digital speedo and fuel gage.
1991 - Front and rear bodywork was changed.
1992 - LT-1 replaced the L98.

We have a winner!! :thumb

The Model Center has links to specs, RPOs, production figures, engines, colors, etc, etc, etc. for every model year since 1953 through the present.

As a bit of advice, unless you're looking for a specific MY, engine, or some other option - I'd look for the newest, low mileage, pampered, non-raced C4 I could afford. But that's just me.

BTW - this may come in handy when you're shopping around too! CAC Buyer's Checklist.

:wJane Ann

Before I brought my C4 home I spent hours on this site reading through the tech center and the C4 forum to help me get familiar and it pretty much set me straight on what to look for. Thanks CAC :upthumbs

One thing that I would throw in here is that when buying ANY used car, don't get hung up on color, or some particular accessory that you like. There are three important considerations when buying a used car, they are:

condition
Condition &
CONDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The odometer can't even tell you a cars condition. You would be better off with a 100,000 mile car that had been PROPERLY cared for as opposed to a 20,000 mile car that has been thrashed.

Good luck,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom