Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Where to get a good deal on a new 2012 Grand Sport coupe?

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
I would like to buy a new 2012 Grand Sport Coupe at a good price. I tried JeffHardy.com and got no cars at all. I am willing to go anywhere to pick it up in person. Any one got a "favorite" dealer for me to try?

If I we're going to buy one I'd order just what I wanted from MacMulkin and pick it up at the museum .That way you get exactly the color and options .

Please try Rick Hendrick in Buford, Ga. I researched so many dealerships and received the best deal for the 2012 Centennial Grand Sport I purchased. Call Joe Marasal and give him a try. 770-945-4981 They also have 50 corvettes at that location. It was the easiest purchase I made.
Good Luck

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

get a great price on a 2012 GS

Try Bruce Glueck Chevrolet in Jasper Florida. 386.792.1111 ask for Larry. They only order them for you and thety give GM EP plus any rebates. No Doc fees. Gave a price over the phone. Best price I found and no games. They have a website also, just google them.

Rich- Aiken, SC

I would have to second MacMulkin Chevrolet with Tommy Jr. or Ron. I have purchased 4 vehicles from them in the past. I researched all the big name dealers and he beat every price quoted me first time....He deal with a lot of out of state buyers and is very familiar with doing deals like that. When you deal with Tommy Jr...you are dealing with the owner not the salesman....there must be a reason he is close to becoming the number one dealer in sales in the country...thats corvette sales not combined. if you check out the posts on this forum or the other forum..you will not find any negative feedback what so ever..so that is something. good luck.

Although I have no experience with Macmulkin they sure seem to want our business here at CAC. Their prices seem fantastic. Don't settle when spending that much, buy exactly what you want!

:beer

Tommy Jr at MacMulkin had the best number and provided exceptional service when I purchased my new Grandsport last fall. It was the best car buying experience I've ever had.

About two weeks ago I bought a Z06 from Tom Henry Chevrolet in Bakerstown PA. I got a great deal on the car and the after-sale service was outstanding.

The day my Wife and I plcked up our car, there was a really nice, Grand Sport coupe sitting in the showroom next to our car. It was Supersonic Blue Metallic, 3LT, auto, paddle shift, chrome wheels.

I didn't notice the price but if the deal we got on our Z06 was any clue, I bet Henry Chevy would make a nice deal on a new GS.

Tom Henry Chevrolet
Tom Henry Racing

From what I've seen in my recent searches, if you want a GS without chrome wheels, you're going to have to order it. The dealers seem to order all their in-stock GSs with that option...

2012 Grand Sport

I would like to buy a new 2012 Grand Sport Coupe at a good price. I tried JeffHardy.com and got no cars at all. I am willing to go anywhere to pick it up in person. Any one got a "favorite" dealer for me to try?

I just joined, so I might be a little late to help. Have you purchased yet? If not, I highly recommend the #1 Corvette dealer in Ohio and # 5 in the nation, Coughlin Chevrolet of Pataskala (coughlinautomotive.com). They have a huge stock of new 2012 Corvettes. I have purchased or have been directly involved in the referral and purchase of approximately 25 vehilcles from them within the past three years. You could expect approximately $9000 to $12000 off MSRP. Contact Terry Goodin @ 740-964-9191. I just traded my 2011 GS for an ordered 2013 GS for less than $9000 out the door (tax, title, documentation fees, etc.).

I just joined, so I might be a little late to help. Have you purchased yet? If not, I highly recommend the #1 Corvette dealer in Ohio and # 5 in the nation, Coughlin Chevrolet of Pataskala (coughlinautomotive.com). They have a huge stock of new 2012 Corvettes. I have purchased or have been directly involved in the referral and purchase of approximately 25 vehilcles from them within the past three years. You could expect approximately $9000 to $12000 off MSRP. Contact Terry Goodin @ 740-964-9191. I just traded my 2011 GS for an ordered 2013 GS for less than $9000 out the door (tax, title, documentation fees, etc.).
My suggestion would be to go to one of the dealers that is a Supporting Dealer here first, since they pay to advertise here and help support the site.

Right now, MacMulkin Chevrolet in Nashua, NH has been the longest Supporting Dealer at the Corvette Action Center. You can view their web site at MacMulkin Chevrolet Cadillac in Nashua | Manchester Chevrolet Cadillac | New Hampshire & Lowell

If you're interested in one of their cars, give them a call and let them know you are a Corvette Action Center member.

My suggestion would be to go to one of the dealers that is a Supporting Dealer here first, since they pay to advertise here and help support the site.

Right now, MacMulkin Chevrolet in Nashua, NH has been the longest Supporting Dealer at the Corvette Action Center. You can view their web site at MacMulkin Chevrolet Cadillac in Nashua | Manchester Chevrolet Cadillac | New Hampshire & Lowell

If you're interested in one of their cars, give them a call and let them know you are a Corvette Action Center member.

The few of us who don't live on the East coast might like to try a closer dealer first...

Analdude-
I commend you on your choice of a new GS. With all the model options avialable I also find myself shopping for a new GS! There is a local deler here in Mi called Fox Chevrolet that has 3 or 4 GS's in stock, and I thinnk a couple of 427's too. Mi is a lot closer than East coast to Wi. I don't have any feedback on the dealer but the salesman seemed helpful when I was there.
If you'd like some pics of one you see online, let me know, it's on my wway home!

Good Luck
Tank

Jeez, that's really a generous offer, and thanks so much...but I wouldn't put you through the trouble. And, as you'll see below...there's a fair chance that I may have already seen them. Michigan would be way better than the East coast, for sure.

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about getting the car that I want. I've been on AutoTrader and Cars.com searching through most of new 2012 and 2013 GS stick-shift coupes that are sitting at dealers all over the country, and I've yet to see one that's close enough to what I want (a white 4LT with most of the goodies, but without the blue interior). For one thing, having looked at well over a thousand candidates, I've not seen one that has the Dark Titanium Leather Wrapped interior that I want. They've offered that interior for a while now, so they must be selling them, but apparently none of the dealers will order it. So, it looks like I'll have to order a car...but according to one of the Corvette plant threads elsewhere on CAC, the deadline for an individual to order a car is only about a week away now and I'm having trouble getting the couple of places that I've contacted to return my call, even though I've made it plain that I'm ready to order. With the timing the way it is, it's going to be close, if it happens at all. I haven't tried the East coast places yet, as the logistics of delivery may prove problematic.

Last edited:
If you're popping big bucks for a 4LT, why worry about the location of the dealer. Find the dealer with an allocation and the best price and get museum delivery. Problem solved.:happyanim: The guy who sold me my GS has a couple of dozen allocations in his pocket, and others probably do too. I worked out my purchase entirely on the net and phone.

Last edited:
Regarding dealer responses...I got a prompt, aggressive quote from Coughlin/OH (even though they were "pulling their hair out" at the time), and never received replies from either MacMulkin/NH or Kerbeck/NJ. While I was waiting for the those other two quotes (that never came), I had time to think through my situation...and finally decided to drop the whole idea. While I could move on a car now, I could sure use more room in my garage...so I'm going to get my C4 GS ready for sale first. After it's gone, then I can devote all my efforts to finding a clean low-mileage CPO C6 GS...

Regarding dealer responses...I got a prompt, aggressive quote from Coughlin/OH (even though they were "pulling their hair out" at the time), and never received replies from either MacMulkin/NH or Kerbeck/NJ. While I was waiting for the those other two quotes (that never came), I had time to think through my situation...and finally decided to drop the whole idea. While I could move on a car now, I could sure use more room in my garage...so I'm going to get my C4 GS ready for sale first. After it's gone, then I can devote all my efforts to finding a clean low-mileage CPO C6 GS...

1analguy, I will be trading my 2013 White-Cashmere/Ebony 3Lt GS in at Coughlin/Ohio next month when my new Cyber Grey one comes in. Less than 2,200 miles with all the goodies. I can send pics if you would like. Just something to think about! If your interested, call Terry Goodin @ Coughlin Chevrolet (740-964-9191). Anyways, I hope you can get your C4 sold and find your dream Vet.

Last edited:
1analguy, I will be trading my 2013 White-Cashmere/Ebony 3Lt GS in at Coughlin/Ohio next month when my new Cyber Grey one comes in. Less than 2,200 miles with all the goodies. I can send pics if you would like. Just something to think about! If your interested, call Terry Goodin @ Coughlin Chevrolet (740-964-9191). Anyways, I hope you can get your C4 sold and find your dream Vet.

Thanks very much for the offer. Outside of the Cashmere interior, that is the kind of deal I'd be looking for when the time comes...probably next spring as things look now. Coughlin appears to be a happening place, all right. So, is Terry the CPO guy, then? I know Rick is mainly a new car guy...

It's funny, but the CAC site sponsor MacMulkin/NH never did answer my request for a quote, even though I mentioned seeing them here on CAC...

Last edited:
I agree 100% !

I would have to second MacMulkin Chevrolet with Tommy Jr. or Ron. I have purchased 4 vehicles from them in the past. I researched all the big name dealers and he beat every price quoted me first time....He deal with a lot of out of state buyers and is very familiar with doing deals like that. When you deal with Tommy Jr...you are dealing with the owner not the salesman....there must be a reason he is close to becoming the number one dealer in sales in the country...thats corvette sales not combined. if you check out the posts on this forum or the other forum..you will not find any negative feedback what so ever..so that is something. good luck.

I purchased my first vette last March at the end of the model year, a 2012 Grand Sport coupe. I ordered it with all the options I wanted down to the red brake calipers. It took 18 months to go from wanting the car to finding a way to pay for it and all that time Tommy Jr. never lost any patience with me. Some dealers would. When it came time to buy, I got one heck of a deal and believe me no one else could match it. I would recommend Tommy Jr. at MacMulkin Chevrolet in Nashua NH.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom