Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to get TV Adjustmet tools for 84 OD

hmcquade

Corvette
1984 Aqua pearl
I am going to have the OD rebuilt by my Mechanic we need the toosl to adjust the TV cable inside the OD. the Following was from David F instructions on how to rebuild the OD:

To adjust the TV cable on the valve body, install tool J-34671-1 into the TV cable bore on the side of the case and set the hook on the high step of the gauge. Place the cam stop on the valve body as close to the lever as possible and install the retaining bolt.

Next, set the hook on the lower step of the gauge. Place tool
J-34671-2 between the piston and solenoid bracket. Adjust the bolt on the TV lever until the lever just touches the tool.

Thanks,

Hugh

Yes I have both of thouse tools I do not know were to get them now unless you are able to find them at some dealer in their tool room covered with dust or on e-bay I just don't think they are still avabile from Kent Moore any more. The tool is used to set the max apply line pressure so if it's off a little you will wind up with either to soft or to firm of a shift. With that said if you adjust that block all the way over to the TV hole you will wind up with a slightly firmer shift but will not hurt the O/D unit.

David Fulcher

Yes I have both of thouse tools I do not know were to get them now unless you are able to find them at some dealer in their tool room covered with dust or on e-bay I just don't think they are still avabile from Kent Moore any more. The tool is used to set the max apply line pressure so if it's off a little you will wind up with either to soft or to firm of a shift. With that said if you adjust that block all the way over to the TV hole you will wind up with a slightly firmer shift but will not hurt the O/D unit.

David Fulcher

I think I thanked you for this and I guess I will not need the tool now that I am puttin in an 88 od, RIGHT!!!

Thanks,

Hugh :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom