Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to put the garage door opener?

D

dvdvrd

This is a very important question: Where do you put the garage door opener in a convertible C5? Can't put it on the visors - doesn't look good and it may fly off! The glove compartment is too difficult to reach over and search for it everytime, and the center compartment is also a pain. Who engineered the interior? Any suggestions?

i bought a really neat, very small opener that hangs on my key-ring. i looked at the options at home depot(sorry "the home depot") and found a opener that is about the size of two inch pencil. it works great and is always with me what ever car i am in.

Opener suggestions

I keep mine in the center console. You don't have to take it out to use it, just hit the button since the car has very little metal in it. It does get a little hot, but what the hey. The damn console is so small about all you can keep in it is the opener and one or two CDs.
--Drew:w

Keep mine in center console too. Really not much choice.

If your center console lid gets hard to open, just oil pivot points, it makes a HUGE difference !

Door opener

I've got a Sears brand opener, and they have a remote about the size of a 1/4 inch thick business card which I clip to the visor. It's not real visible, and it doesn't blow off. :cool

I don't have a C5 but I use Velcro but just the hook side. I have the opener on the floorboard just in reach and out of the way of my feet. The hook side of the velcro sticks just fine to my carpet.

- Eric :w

Great idea 71 Shark! I will give it a try.
Tnx.

You can always go the after market route and get a home link transmitter put in your Vette. I got on put on my sunvisor and it looks like it was factory installed and works just fine.

Door Opener

I f you are a non smoker I took out the ash tray and placed it in the opening. The opener (Sears) fits in so the door will close. Give it a try.
v/r
THE YAV

I've got a coupe and put mine clipped to the visor... hasn't moved even at ultra legal speeds...

I have a convertible and also have the opener clipped to the visor, with no problems ... "Ultra legal speeds", that's great, Grumpy!

I have a small sears type opener that I clip onto the top edge of the console tunnel carpet just below the parking brake handle,
it's easy to reach I don't have to look at it from my position

Re: Door Opener

THE YAV said:
I f you are a non smoker I took out the ash tray and placed it in the opening. The opener (Sears) fits in so the door will close. Give it a try.
v/r
THE YAV

Ashtray? Where will I put my change then?:D
--Drew:w

You can always put your change in the center console since it is not functional for much else other than very small items.

:w I also have a Sears Garage Door opener and don't like putting it on the visor of my convertible.

As it turns out, it will clip nicely up under the hard plastic part of the console, just to the right of your leg.

Just don't put it where your leg or knee will hit it.

I also have the key chain version but think it is more likely to be pressed accidentally so I put it elsewhere in the car.

Ashtray?! Hah that is joke. That ashtray is so inconvenient I don't even try to use it. I keep a Coke can in the cup holder as my ashtray.

I bought a small one at Home Depot and put it inside the cup holder. Works great.

Cup holder you guys have a cup holder!!!! My Cup holder is between my legs. But anyways I took my ashtray out and use the spot there.

BJ

Where to put the garage door opener

If you read the book about the '97 development and all the problems they had, you will see that we're lucky the car has a cup holder and an ash tray, and 20 gallons of fuel capacity split between two separate tanks.

Not only that, it has easily accessible wiring for an ignition activated cell phone system.

Try the book, you'll appreciate the car a little more.

:Twist Oh yes, the name of the book-

"All Corvettes are Red". It's a good read.

I have the book and read it. It was a great book. Yes I realized all the trouble they had with designing the interior. i was just having a little fun.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom