Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to start? And some pics

the fact that you've had it 'around the block' a few times tells us that it runs,Yes?

1st thing you should invest in,if you haven't yet is a service manual and an assembly instruction manual.
these are the bibles for repairing and find out how these vettes were built and are repaired.
when I bought mine 5 years ago it too had been thru bubba's at some point.the body was in very tough shape,needed to be painted,most of its components didn't work,but it ran,so I was able to enjoy it while working on it.
not to discourage you but I have close to $ 25,000 into mine since ive bought it.I know I'll never get my money back out of it,But my wife and I thoughly enjoy the cruises and the fun we have had with it so far!!!!

Joker, Corvettes are a great hobby. Kinda spendy but what fun to repair, restore and best of all DRIVE. Ive had my 81 a year now. Last winter I spent 2 to 3 months fixing and cleaning things that bubba messed with or just unpluged. Didnt hardly spend much money but a ton of man hours. This forum is the best there is. Just ask and someone will have a answer to help you out. Most important, take your time and have fun.

Re: why was the choke tied open - Have you checked to see that it fully opens when the engine is completely warmed up and at normal operating temperature? Not familar w/ your year's choke as to how it's opened, electrically or thermally.

Re: service manual - strongly recommend getting the Chevrolet one as opposed to a Chilton or Haynes as it's a lot more thorough IMO. Can get at http://www.helminc.com

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom