Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which C3?

C

c4ever

First off let me say I've never seen a greater group of people. I can't tell you guys how much info you've pumped through my small brain. My 85 is such a sweeeeeetttt runner I never have a problem ( knock on wood). Thanks to all of you I am making some improvements, what the heck, K&N, chip. I'll get a picture posted when I get a chance. :cool

The issue now is I'm looking for a C3 preferably 75-82. it's for the wife so a solid year would work. She loves the curves (some people just can't appreciate the beauty of a C4. any suggestions.

Restless!

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #365 (SOLD...but Dad's got it now)
Welcome to the CAC C4ever :D You're right. The folks here are very cool and very knowledgable:) Make yourself at home and be sure to check out the Portal here at the CAC.
That would be pretty cool.......a C3 and a C4:D
Good luck in your search

Jay

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Welcome To The Corvette Action Center c4ever1!

:J You're right -- this is a great place and I certainly hope you enjoy the time you spend here with us! :upthumbs

Glad to see you like the fourth generation, we need more of 'em here; there's so-o-o many Sharks!! And they're "restless" too. :L

chuck

Corvette
1977 Dark Red Coupe/Buckskin 04 Spiral Gray/Gray
A 77 of course. Wonder why I like the 77s? Chuck :cool

C

c4ever

Thanks guys. Kieth,Chuck, you read my mind. That rear window:s
I'm looking at a couple of collectors edition 82. Nice ride:cool But that rear window. Gotta have it. It's gonna come down to $$$$$
Oh! That's right ,the cars' not supposed to be for me.:L

C

c4ever

I do like the flat pre 78. We travel light, so storage isn't an issue but I do like some of the refinements of the later versions. I got rid of all my 8 tracks! Too bad we can't all own one of each.:beer

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
Welcome to the CAC! Two Vettes are gonna look nice in your driveway, that's for sure. As for which shark to go for, fast back rear window (78-82) or finned back, it might hinge on how tall your wife is. When we went shopping, my wife (she's 5'5") sat in a 72 coupe with the flat rear window and the fins and couldn't see a thing behind or to the side - not a good thing at 60 mph. She's also been in an 82 and the blind spot is like any other car. We have a lot of women Shark drivers here that I'm sure will chime in once they see your post.

The 82 CE is a sweet car too, as you've already seen. Whichever one you decide on, let us Shark freaks know and we'll tell you what to look out for.

Happy hunting - it's always nice to see someone looking for a shark.

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
c4ever said:
... ... ..The issue now is I'm looking for a C3 preferably 75-82. it's for the wife so a solid year would work. She loves the curves (some people just can't appreciate the beauty of a C4. any suggestions.
Restless!

c4ever,
You pose a question I asked myself about 4 years ago. I opted for the 1981 with a 4-speed. My reasons were many, but the bottom line, "It IS the last year of the true 4-speed Corvette and carburetor." I looked for almost 10 months and looked a 3 cars before finding Rare in Mich.

A '75 roadster would be nice to.. are you looking for an automatic or 4-speed? The hatchback on the CE is a really nice feature, as is the special treatment of the paint and interior. The CrossFire can be overwhelming for shade tree mech, as well as some "Pro's" . There are Registry's for several Sharks, Here is ours for the L81 Registry

Enjoy the hunt, and the ride getting there ;)

BudD

C

c4ever

Thanks to all for the input. I,m looking at a 75,needs paint and rubber but a sound car and it's local. Stick or auto is not an issue, but I do miss those stick days(not in traffic).:mad
I'm also looking out west, Az and Cal. May be worth the trip. I'll keep y'all posted. If anyone knows some good sites, let me know:D

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
Check online at Collector Car Trader. They have a pretty nice search feature and will even email you any new adds fitting your needs. They currently have over 135,000 cars listed.

- Eric

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom