Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which device do you use to prop the hatch open?

Which hatch prop do you use?

• Attaches with targa top tool

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Pretzel/bent attachment

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
:r :bash Dang.... I like that one and its only 1/2 the cost of mine :hb Oh well, thats the price you pay when your itchy for something.

hatch vent and speed

I have had my hatch vent up to about 115mph, having so much fun I forgot it was there, just make sure you secure everything else in the car, I lost an empty coke can. Ooops

The Corvette Gadgetman device is the one I have and recommend. It allows more visibility out the back than the 1-piece designs and keeps the hatch nice and tight.

Do you mean, uh like the rear hatch window, while changing struts??
Sorry Didn't understand.
tony

Hatch vent

Nope,

There is a device that keeps the hatch open about 2" when your have the roof off, it make things alot more stable in the car, no more buffeting, even with the roof on it helps keep the inside cool.

Check it out.

I have checked out the gadgetman one and do not like it, the finish is poor, it's partly made out of wood dowel and a couple of thumb screws, about $3.00 worth of material. spend the extra bucks and get the one that uses the roof tool.

My.02c worth
Mart

Mart

what are you talking about?

I have that very unit in my vette, as do many of us here on the CAC.

Its an all metal unit.
The post extender is metal with a thumb screw to tighten it down with minimal wear.

The latch extender is also metal with a rubber coating sleeve to protect the hook on the rear window.

There are no wooden or cheap parts at work here.

regards,
Rain
:)

ez-vent3.JPG

Ok, pulled mine out of the back of the vette.
It must be REALLY hard wood that he uses.
Mine looks to be all metal when visually inspecting it. Guess the wood is so the alarm doesnt conduct or make contact.
Am certain that if you inspect the other more expensive units, you will see they have accomadated for this connection too.

<<
It is a compact unit. EZ Vent's main components are made of steel. The main unit is a steel hook and clamp assembly that holds the window open. It is either painted or rubber coated. The post extension that slides over your stock post is a combination of steel and a piece of hard wood that actually contacts your light/alarm switch. Both pieces are rubber coated. Each piece is hand crafted and matched in length to work as a complete unit, together.
>>

I was at a Gadgetman display in Wasaga beech, I when you look in the hole you can see wood, unless he makes two varieties.

No offense, but it looked cheap (finish there were file marks)

Not for me.

the wood piece is there in case an adjustment, ie shortening, of the piece is needed to make the hatch adjust right when close. We know all Corvettes are not always created exactly alike and the gadgetman takes this into consideration. These details are listed in the instructions. I have had zero probs with the unit

the wood piece is there in case an adjustment, ie shortening, of the piece is needed to make the hatch adjust right when close. We know all Corvettes are not always created exactly alike and the gadgetman takes this into consideration. These details are listed in the instructions. I have had zero probs with the unit

Adjustment????

The piece in the hatch is not adjustable. At least not on mine

Why would they need to make it adjustable. Other than it's cheaper...

I've seen it, it just looks cheesy.

I ended up with the one piece unit that goes on w/ the targa ratchet. It's $40. shipped but it's like a rock. Goes on solid, stays put @ 95 mph, no rattles, no loosening. I like it! No cheapness to the look of it (not that others are - no flame here)

Froggy47,

I have the same device. Be carefull not to overtighten the set bolt on it. I stripped the threads out on mine! I'll buy another one, though, because I also like the way it fits.

Barry

Maybe the mfg will warranty it. Is it alum body & steel bolt?

You got it. Aluminum body, steel bolt. I shoulda known better....!

Bought it through Ecklers. I'll check into the warranty issue.

Thanks,
Barry

I think I'll put a little loctite on mine & not go so tight.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom