Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which Gears Guys?

F

FordNoMore!

92 auto,which gears should get me the best results for cruising around and at the track, gas milage is no subject,I want the best bang for the buck,just fo ring and pinion change out or a new housing and gears?I heard 3.45's should be good for an Auto(4L60E),thanx for the input.:beer

This is the link from when i did my 92auto. 2.59 to 3.54 upgrade. you can go to 3.75 if you want. a little harder on mileage on the highway. a little better for drag racing. with 3.54 i can autox the car on slow speed courses and just leave the shifter in 2. you'll be right up in the power band.

Btw, if you have a 92 then you should have the 700R4 tranny. as far as i can tell the 4L60E comes out in 93 or 94.

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6473

Graham

Nope I have the 4L60E tranny,according to the numbers,thanx for all the input folks.

4L60E or 700R4?

My RPO's listed my car as having the 4L60E tranny as well. I had it rebuilt 2 months ago and found out that it is a 700R4. As far as I know (which granted isn"t much) '93 was the first year for the 4L60E. Unless you have physically seen the stamping on the transmission case, I wouldn't always trust the RPO's.

Spiderman :w

I got the Number off the tranny and it is 2 YC M 093 B,which i do believe translates too, 92 year, YC is model # ,M is (4L60) , 093 is the day of the year it was manufactured and B is made on 2nd shift,If any one has a different translation of this numbe, I welcome your input, thanx.:beer

I went from 2.59's to 3.75's an absolutely love them!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom