Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

which is better 72 c3 or 81c3?

hmmmm do I even need to vote ;LOL

For the recorded, I've owned 9 Corvettes ... C1's, C2's, C3's & C4's... and the 4-speed 1981 has been in my garage since 1997 ;)...

Bud

Being an old man and a creature of comfort now, the '81 will not beat you to death driving it. A '72 rides like a trail bike on the highway.

Makes no more difference than the colors of these cars, they are all fun to drive. But a '73 got me hooked on the Sharks!

Rare81 said:
hmmmm do I even need to vote ;LOL

For the recorded, I've owned 9 Corvettes ... C1's, C2's, C3's & C4's... and the 4-speed 1981 has been in my garage since 1997 ;)...

Bud

So Bud....... 72? :L Good to see you again !

I love all vettes but I love mine the best!

81 Corvette!:w
Even when I think I have everything working just right on it, I find myself needing to fix something else. Like today, I took my sweetheart to work and what happens..... The driver side power window will not go up the whole way starts to make a clicking noise. Note to myself need to get that fixed before the Carlisle show.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

x1pWjGVXX8SHGwfWyK_ULrtc_vPcqPcoS9CEnYIFaVe8NBnJXO5H2VN0jR9LksHZYOmuIHP33TZNP0FpaYBXB6QCnw3OVsJcmayNgzgzLDivtQ

x1pWjGVXX8SHGwfWyK_ULrtc1eIGCdMoxrrZuXJboqg2tfKj3FrMV5kmcTHH_Kd0qSiYbHH8FQaVKeiitffDnJRZHfBLbPoU6gyGXBAxjOP_p0

But I still vote L81

GerryLP:cool

JJS said:
I'd go with the '72 in a heartbeat.
Nothing looks better (as far as C3's go) on a nice sunny day.

I meant nothing looks better than chrome shinning on a nice sunny day - I'm losing it!

Washed and waxed the vette yesterday and had it out today, and damn, if it didn't look nice! - even if I do say so myself! :)

I'm partial to the l-81 so it gets my vote!!!! I just like the noses on the 80-82'sbetter than any of the other vettes.JMHO!!!!:upthumbs

janine...I'll bring my hammer for ya!;LOL

hdkeno said:
Someone made mention of the different opinions that you would get comparing the 72 to an 82.

Yeah, that was me! I have a BG 81, but I gotta say I love the bumper cars! In our club, there are 3 of each, but they kinda get overshadowed by all the newer cars.
My older sister is a professional photographer, and between her an I we took pics of most of the active cars in our club at parades and shows, and made a collage. There's 25 in the pic, 1 C2, 8 C3's, 4 C4's, 9 C5's, and 3 C6's. Every time I walk by it, it's the Ontario Orange C3 that catches my eye.
Not to mention that my Mom had an Elkhart Green 73 L82 4 speed when I was a kid (from when I was 12 to 27) and I got to drive it all of TWICE. (BTW, my Dad had a 70 Olds 442 and a 76 Trans Am - both 455's, TA was a 4 speed) They are all 'rolling works of art'

Craig

bill81vette said:
I'm partial to the l-81 so it gets my vote!!!! I just like the noses on the 80-82'sbetter than any of the other vettes.JMHO!!!!:upthumbs

janine...I'll bring my hammer for ya!;LOL

Hammer too late! I I had the pleasure of smacking that regulator myself:W
Looks like it makes sense to get an new Motor and regulator, may as well do it right.
Nothing is going to keep me back from going to Corvettes at Carlisle....registered and waiting to meet old and new, plus all the cool things to see, do, learn and buy!
Lets not forget the party animals at night time.
Life is good as long as you have your health, you can do anything!
See you soon Bill and Gail. :beer

81kix said:
Nothing is going to keep me back from going to Corvettes at Carlisle....See you soon Bill and Gail. :beer

I'll be there too, probably Sunday morning. . .will you all be in the same place as last year? For all those of you who will be going for the first time, I probably don't need to tell you but just in case:

BRING A CAMERA!

Craig

Craig,

Same area, but this time facing the car wash...that row.
Some of us do not wish to park in at Gate 1.
It will be nice to see you again. :w

81kix said:
Note to myself need to get that fixed before the next rain!
Correction... :D

Love the chrome bumpered vettes..maybe someday..but for now..you know where my heart is at, need I say more...

72 .. because of the chrome bumpers and specialy with the big block that will rumble like nothing else.
Dont care much about the nier interior of the 81, 72's the last line of street warriors
after that year, emission and all that crap killed the original beasts.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom