Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"whileyouareatityoumightaswellas" is a bad disease

HEY!! you guys are killing me here! I keep getting PM's and emails telling me to pull the motor already!

the latest one from BWmurph who helped me with the exhaust manifolds again telling me to just pull it and he has an engine stand I can borrow.......

I mentioned his email to my wife and you know what, I will NEVER figure women out to save my life. Instead of saying something along the lines of "don't get yourself in too deep" or "do you think that's wise to do" or any of the things you get use to women saying she looked at me and said 'I think you should pull it out too"!
It's a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy!

Wow, you guys really want me to get in over my head don't you?!

Good thing I don't have a hoist........... ;LOL

Terry..if your out their..do u have an engine hoist??? If so, Barry, u and I can wrap up my interior project in about 2 weeks and i'll help u with the engine pull...We do need someone with some smarts, but I'll help. u can count me IN. I would bet you could get a group of folks over to help.....

Andy

BarryK said:
HEY!! you guys are killing me here! I keep getting PM's and emails telling me to pull the motor already!

the latest one from BWmurph who helped me with the exhaust manifolds again telling me to just pull it and he has an engine stand I can borrow.......

I mentioned his email to my wife and you know what, I will NEVER figure women out to save my life. Instead of saying something along the lines of "don't get yourself in too deep" or "do you think that's wise to do" or any of the things you get use to women saying she looked at me and said 'I think you should pull it out too"!
It's a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy!

BarryK said:
Kid

I do plan in a couple of years when the budget allows to pull this original motor and store it to preserve it and keep anything from happening. Not sure I want to go thru all the hassles of a BB conversion, so right now i'm thinking about a 383Stroker. Maybe a 400 SB converted to a stroker also. i'll do a Keisler 5-speed at the same time.
A SB stroker should be a drop in conversion, keep the weight down, and have plenty of torgue. I'll be able to get rid of my 4.11 rear gears too to make highway driving much more pleasant.
I'd love a BB car at somepoint, but on this car it's too original to start having to do a major conversion or a lot of fabrication (which I can't do anyway) that can't be easily reversed and allow the original motor to drop back in again at some point if needed.

Believe me, it's a fallacy that there is a lot more work to drop in a big block. Besides, have you seen the prices of those weenie sb strokers? For a few more bucks, you buy a lot more engine by going over to a big block. You can start saving for the conversion now, buy the headers, etc and put it away. And for all those flag wavers for big cube small blocks, yup, they're fine engines and they produce a lot of horsepower but then again, who runs 7,000 rpm on the street? Bring the torque back down to where you live on a day-to-day basis.

Hmmmm...good thought for a new thread....weenie sb strokers, why lawyers love 'em (been too quiet around here)

BarryK said:

I've got a hoist you can borrow. :) Get it outta my basement. I'm tired of tripping on it. You can have it on "semi permanent" loan. Chuck

Andy/Barry,

Having read this entire thread I believe Barry got all the advice he needed in two posts.

One. Paul 67: Don't pull it, too much chance for collateral damage. Now I don't want to say Barry is jinxed but Murphy's law seems to be proven out by his experiences with this car. Don't pull the motor!

Two. Subfixer: Stop writing and start wrenching! I'd have to add stop photographing too. Did I really see six pictures of Baby's stamp pad on your website? Four pictures of where the pet cock used to be on the radiator? My eyes are glazing over! :crazy

Hi Terry

how was your trip? hope you had a good time.

I take pictures of EVERYTHING. If nothing else it allows me to see how it was on the car so I can put it back on again.

The stamp pad and radiator pics were for reasons other than this thread.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom