Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whining noise

RichNJshore

Corvette
1993 Torch Red Coupe
I am hearing a high pitched intermittent whine occasionally during acceleration. It doesn't last and comes and goes. My first thought is a belt, but last year I had all new belts and a new belt tensioner installed. Also it doesn't sound like the typical squeal of a slipping belt. It sounds almost like a whistle. No power loss noted. No problems with oil pressure or temp. No charging loss noted. It comes and goes pretty randomly, but almost always on acceleration off a light. I haven't checked it out yet, but I thought I'd check in here before since I won't have the chance to check it till Friday and since I always get great advice here.

1993 LT-1 coupe

Alternator bearing,Idler bearing,Vacuum leak whistle!;shrug;shrug

Any way to differentiate Alternator from others? There is no other noticable drop or fluctuation in Voltage....

Any way to differentiate Alternator from others? There is no other noticable drop or fluctuation in Voltage....
I use a mechanics stethoscope, and put the end of it by the bearings!!:upthumbs But you can use a dowel or short broom handle!!

Do you hear it with the radio power turned off? Not just sound down......radio OFF.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom